What's new

Fuji-Q | Zokko | Intamin Multi-Launch Motorbike | 2023

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
They're all lining up for shots of Mt. Fuji while I'm thinking 'better coaster pics'.
Also waving at the train going round that turn (every 10 minutes) should be rather fun.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
What an incredible idea for utilising an existing coaster structure while keeping the coaster still operating. Amazing

oriolat2

Giga Poster
They're all lining up for shots of Mt. Fuji while I'm thinking 'better coaster pics'.
Also waving at the train going round that turn (every 10 minutes) should be rather fun.
Every 10 minutes? xD Have you been there? It's like Six Flag had to much sake and decided to open a park in Japan.

Jokes aside, this is a great addition and a great and odd way to use current space in a clever way. Wusses will be taking pictures while we enjoy being surrounded by coaster track and sliding down. Cool!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Looks like you'll get about a month's worth of exercise walking up those stairs... It's like Revolution but 4 times as tall.

davidm

Strata Poster
The day I went to Fuji-Q it was raining in the morning (rides were not running), everything was very cloudy ; could not see very far at all. Early afternoon it stopped raining and the clouds started to clear... they opened Fujiyama, I ran and got on the second train out (I think).

As the train rounded one of the 180degree bends (the ride is rather over-blessed with them) - it wasn't the first one where this viewing platform will be but the next one down I think - the clouds cleared and I saw Mt Fuji for the first time.... absolutely breathtaking moment, one of those coaster moments that just stays with you. ❤

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Apologies for not finding the right place to ask this, as if this is a real thing I’m sure it’s been discussed somewhere on the forum, but I just got wind of the rumor/story that they are planning to have an upper age limit on Do-Dodonpa (as in, you can’t ride it if you’re too old).

is this a thing? Can people humor me and fill me in: is this a rumor or a fact or nonsense or what? Cheers.

EDIT: Of course, as soon as I asked, I found the answer myself: apparently people ages 10-64 are allowed to ride.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Apologies for not finding the right place to ask this, as if this is a real thing I’m sure it’s been discussed somewhere on the forum, but I just got wind of the rumor/story that they are planning to have an upper age limit on Do-Dodonpa (as in, you can’t ride it if you’re too old).

is this a thing? Can people humor me and fill me in: is this a rumor or a fact or nonsense or what? Cheers.

There's already signage outside major thrill rides for this sort of thing across many parts of Asia, usually advising/stating no riders aged above 55 (China) to 65 (Japan).
In fact, it's already at Fuji-Q:

50797377812_6b0cee3982_h.jpg

Never seen it enforced, not that it's particularly likely I would have.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I remember hearing about the ACE Japan trip maybe... 05 or 06? Some of the, uh, older ACErs were asked a few times at some of the parks.
For reference, when I was in ACE New England in the early 00's my Friend Matt and I were basically the youngest ones there not counting little kids of parents in the group.... But the gap was honestly like +30 years on us... with some, truly, in their 70's.