What's new

Front vs Back?

Front or Back

• Total voters

coasteraddict10

Mega Poster
Title says it all, overall where do you prefer to be on a coaster?

I'm team back, drops are better and there's usually less bs waiting in the queue.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Usually depends on the coaster, but 90% of the time, back row is where it's at.

Views are great on the front, however you're more likely to get more 'whip' on the back row.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Great idea for a poll but honestly, I can't decide. For every coaster that's better at the front, there's another coaster that's better at the back.
It's a bit of a cop out to say this, but my answer is: it depends. 🤷‍♂️
Interested to see the results of this one though...

Sandman

Giga Poster
The only real coaster type I have an actual preference with is inverts. Always preferred them on the front with an uninterrupted view, especially with Nemesis & Mamba and their great near misses/foot choppers and terrain.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
With the exception of most inverts, where you can’t see a thing past the front row… I generally prefer the back for it’s intensity, whether that’s for the high positives, or most importantly the stronger airtime… I’ve found few exceptions to this rule.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
To try and see if I did have a preference I listed stuff I've done in both front and back rows, and ones that have at least 3 rows. Stepped when I got down to #50 ranked

Screenshot_20220428-063023_Sheets.jpg

So yeah, back seat. For now

Heth

Mega Poster
I'd say I prefer the back for most rides, but there are many for which I much prefer the front:

- B&M inverts
- Dive Coasters
- some launch coasters
- certain notoriously rough coasters

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Front for B+M Hypers (I'm a big fan of the sustained airtime as the train gets pushed over the hill)
Front for RMCs for the sense of speed
Front for Inverts for the views

Back for Velocicoaster for that insane ejector