What's new

Friend or Facebook

Would you take a friend or Facebook with you on a remote island?

• Friend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Facebook

• Neither

• Can't choose

• Total voters

thx

Mega Poster
On some buses in Sweden they've had some quite interesting adverts regarding peoples' internet/phone usage. I figured I'd make a poll out of one of them, here goes:

If you had to choose one, would you take a friend or Facebook with you on a remote island?

I know that it's quite black and white and perhaps some people might feel pressured to vote for the first option, due to what other people might think of them, etc. but still, will be interesting to see how it goes.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
You're right, the first one would seem logical.

However, taking one friend with you to a desert island would mean that you'd leave all your other friends behind, and Facebook is a nice way of keeping in contact with all.

Plus, Facebook is great for spreading news. That way I'll still be bale to keep contact with the outside world through it, either by request or by finding out myself.

I admit Facebook is a useful tool, but after consideration, I'd take a female friend...you know, just in case she gets lonely ;)

Jools

Giga Poster
Friend, and because it would be more practical and I wouldn't feel lonely or as scared or anything.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Friend, easily. Because Facebook sucks, it can die a slow, horrific death. Precisely why I'm never on it.

Snoo

The Legend
A friend if its one of my girlfriend/girls I know who are attractive.

Facebook the rest of the time.. lol

A friend.. There's much more you can do with a person when they're there with you rather than virtually on the Internet, and no I don't just mean *that* (but *that* is good as well). I find that it's much more fun and a lot easier to have discussions with people, and you can also play games because my childish self enjoys things like that. Plus, I can't cook, or fish, or hunt, so I'd need someone who could help me with that.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Friend obviously...I don't do Facebook.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Friend, you never know when they may come in handy... Like when the food runs out. Facebook < NOM! ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It would be the friend for me. They'd have to fulfil at least one of these criteria:

-attractive, it'd be horrible with a minger
-practical, it's always good to have someone who is an asset.

Facebook could have its merits, mostly because you could get contact to the outside world, which could prove useful for escape. Having said that, you'd be lucky to get a wireless connection and if you could then I'd try to find my position and alert someone.

So yeah, it would be friend for me. I can see why people would say Facebook, but to be honest I'd much rather have the company.

tks

Strata Poster
Firstly, I have to question WHY i'm going to a remote island in the first place, is it out of choice, or am I being forced to go there.

If it's my choice, then a friend, obviously. However if i'm being forced there, i'd rather have facebook so I can tell everyone where I am and that they should send out a search and rescue party for me!

Novas

Mega Poster
Friend. Facebook sucks. I can't stand the way it's redefined what my generation considers a friend to be.

and know, i'm not just bitter that no one talks to me on it. :p

CMonster

Giga Poster
Most likely a friend, seeing as I don't have a Facebook. BUT, the friend has to be a girl who's hot and a good friend. (I have someone in mind lol)

^ I don't get your point. I have plenty of guy friends who are hot and good friends that I would gladly take to an island.. It's not like he's saying he only wants to take her to have sex with her on the island.