What's new

Free food!

Martyn

Giga Poster
Om Nom Nom Nom!

Anyone else come across Graze.com?

A friend of mine posted it on Twitter with a code for a free box and I signed up and my free box arrived today!

Basically, the idea is that you should eat healthy foods, and the easiest way to do that is to get them delivered to your door (or your desk if you work in an office or something!)

http://www.graze.com/help/what

Anyway, if you want to try it, the first box is free and second half price if you sign up with this code:

PV33QBM

You can cancel after you've had your free box too, I'll probably have a couple more (at half price) and then cancel, as I don't think what you get is worth £2.99, but it is a very cool concept and alright for £1.50! Their customer service is fantastic too, as is their website! Everyone in my office is pretty impressed anyway, with both the website and my little box of healthy treats!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Signed up.

Shall report back on Wednesday.

Martyn

Giga Poster
Well, I've just finished grazing on my "Eat well" box and I'm very impressed!

I got red and white grapes as my fruit, dates, walnuts and pumpkin seeds and my special mix, and cashews as the "handy snack pack".

Mega noms! I love cashews, I love walnuts, I love grapes, and I have a new found love for pumpkin seeds. Dates are nice too!

The grapes were very nice (grapes can be very hit and miss) although the fact they still have a little stalk stub attached is quite annoying (it's there to keep them fresh apparently), so I ended up just eating that too, I'm sure eating twigs is good for me!

Also, it was supposed to arrive yesterday, and when checking their deliveries page at midday yesterday, the process went:

Select the day you were expecting your box:

I picked the date

We can confirm we sent you this box to this address. Is the address correct?

Yes

We're sorry you haven't received your box yet, a customer service representative will get back to you via email within the next hour.

An hour later I get an email:

Hello Martyn,

Thanks for reporting your graze eat well box due on Wednesday, 8th April as late. We're really sorry to hear that it hasn't arrived yet. We've checked your account and can confirm that this box was definitely prepared and sent on time so it is on it's way to you at [address].

We do usually enjoy very high delivery rates so your box will most likely still arrive. Just in case your fresh fruit has been affected by the delay, we've credited your graze account with £1.50 (half the value of your late box).

We hope it arrives soon.

All the best,

Alex

How good's that?! I wasn't after a refund, I was just checking where my delivery had got to!

It's quite weird eating something out of a box that has been posted to you... haha.

This is far too exciting than it should be.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Been doing this for s few months now on and off when we get codes (I think I was misled on the free cost though by Madame_Furie).

Some of the stuff is really nice, and it's a lovely surprise (Madame_Furie just orders them and I reap the benefits).

The chilli seed pack was great :)

Dave

CF Legend
Am tempted to do this whenim back at university, should be a good way of keeping healthy.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Martyn said:
I got red and white grapes as my fruit, dates, walnuts and pumpkin seeds and my special mix, and cashews as the "handy snack pack".

The special mix and handy snack pack would result in a special hospital trip and handy stomach pump for me!

Does it count as health food if it results in vomiting, blockage of airways and intravenous antihistamines?

Nadia

Mega Poster
Free food is always mega and I never say no to free scran!! Might just have to do it, though dunno if it's TOO healthy haha! Olives tho mmm!

tanya

Mega Poster
ooh I love freebies, I will have a look when I am not late for work, I should have left by now bugger.

Sam

Giga Poster
I don't think it warrants its own topic, but here's an extra tip- fruit can be found growing on trees too, this is another free way of obtaining it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Yes, Sam, I remember walking through the concrete jungle that is Birmingham, picking peaches and pears from the trees as I walked past. And not to forget the strawberry fields in Liverpool.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hoyer, this is great. **** waiting for lunch, I'm nomming now, which is handy as I'm off to the gym in two hours. I got the pre-work out box. Nom.

Martyn

Giga Poster
My box didn't arrive again, I think the post at this silly campus takes an extra day to arrive. I wonder if they'll give me credit again?

It's good stuff though isn't it!

I want my freshly cut pineapple, you University sorting office bastards.

What did you get?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Dried cranberries - nom. Nuts - nom. Orange & Grapefruit - semi-nom.

How many £1 boxes have you accumulated now, Hoyer?

Martyn

Giga Poster
It's £1 off a box, rather than a £1 box...

And not that many actually. Only four I think. Weird though, as I've had a couple of mates sign up and I didn't get notified that they had.

I have had the first box free, the second box half price, the third box will be half price because of the credit they gave me, then the next 4 will be £2. I think I'll probably have those seven then cancel. Depends how good this pineapple is! By then, I might be so addicted that I'll be happy to pay £3 for them, but I very much doubt that.