What's new

Formula 1™ Topic

nealbie

CF Legend
Pierre said:
Not how the Sky commentators pronounced it!

Haha, fair.

Hope the next race is better. Red Bull threatening to leave already and today we found out there's actually a regulation for "equalisation" in the interests of the sport. Explains all the rules specifically targeting McLaren, William, Ferrari and Red Bull over the years.

Will be interesting to see if they do anything to pull Mercedes back, but I don't think they will this season. Yet.

nealbie

CF Legend
10407498_10205575089049616_983854357372082215_n.jpg

All of the feels. #ForzaSchumi

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Even though I no he had no real hope, I was soooo pulling for Nico last year. Bastard gave me enough slivers of hope for me to still be let down ha

I'm really enjoying this year. Ferrari is making me excited and the field continues to be stacked with talent from top to bottom.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
WOW. Well, I was pulling for Nico to get the three-peat but I never expected it, nor should he have to be honest.
What the hell happened there?? Mechanical failure and etc happens, that you can at least accept but a team error? And in such a surreal way? Lewis must be livid beyond all words. Feels like a stale "win" to me.
I'm miffed they cut away from the post race interview, the tension must be glorious.

Oh and he's been...skeptical of the team quite a few times, this certainly won't help ease his feelings. Much as I bashed Lewis for being a bit of a baby, and for jumping ship the moment he was challenged, (I know that's normal) I feel for him. This sucks.

And Alonso would've been up in the points if not for **** -Claren failing him again. Oi

nealbie

CF Legend
Massive congratulations to Nico Hulkenberg and his teammates on a fantastic win in the Le Mans 24 Hours! Hopefully now he will finally get the attention from the top F1 teams that he deserves!

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^Yep, top performance. Really happy he won, and about time he got the recgonition he deserves. He's been largely overlooked in F1 in recent years, but a Le Mans win (and upsetting the Audi applecart too) will hopefully change that. Admittedly, Nick Tandy was the one who really stole the show in that car, but i'd be quite happy if Nico just went down a full-time sportscars route to be honest!

First current F1 driver to win Le Mans since Johnny Herbert too.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Congrats to Hamilton and a well deserved championship!
Although everything leading up to yesterday sucked, including qualifying, the race itself was fantastic imo. There was so much going on I even watched the entire race again this morning just to make sure I didn't miss anything the first time around.

Pierre

Strata Poster
The FP and Quali sessions were so frustrating, they dragged it on way too much and should have postponed quali long before they actually did.

Great race, pleased for Hamilton. Disappointed for Nico because a lot of his points dropped were down to malfunctions but still don't feel he should have been as ungracious as he was.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Really? What was the matter with qualifying as it was? This really doesn't sound more exciting, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^LOL! First qualifying already ruined. I know they won't want this to continue, but I don't think there's a easy fix other than restoring the qualifying format back to what it was. Hopefully they'll at least make the flying laps count as the time runs out, that way drivers like Esteban Gutierrez (for example) could advance, but that still doesn't prevent all the clock watching and having fewer cars on track. And I don't know how they can prevent having only 2-3 cars on track during the final laps or even none on track for the final minutes, like there was today.
:roll:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Interesting that Red Bull have swapped Kyvat and Verstappen around. Personally I'm really happy with this as I've been rooting for Max this year, I hope he takes his chance.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Kyvat's demotion means he's less likely to be able to ram Vettel again and I was looking forward to Max's continuing battle with Sainz, but thrilled for him none the less.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Will

Strata Poster
People will argue about this one, long into the night.

But we have a new champion:
583a1405b834e.image.jpg

And, thanks to Hamilton's 'sportsmanship' or 'racecraft', call it what you will, we got an exciting season finale for a change.

Force India sealing 4th place in the constructors and thereby officially being 'best of the rest' as well :)

Wrexham_forever

Roller Poster
People will argue about this one, long into the night.

But we have a new champion:
583a1405b834e.image.jpg

And, thanks to Hamilton's 'sportsmanship' or 'racecraft', call it what you will, we got an exciting season finale for a change.

Force India sealing 4th place in the constructors and thereby officially being 'best of the rest' as well :)
Nothing wrong with what Hamilton done in my view. He did what he had to do. It's been mentioned all weekend that's what he will do.

Team orders at the end very annoying, telling Lewis to speed up. Why should he in my opinion. Rosberg moaning that lewis was slow on purpose, well overtake him then, you are a race driver after all.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk