What's new

For my little brother....

awesomeredy

Roller Poster
OK so my little brother has NeVeR rode a looping ride. We went to Carowinds about a month ago and he didn't ride much of what i rode. What was ur first looper? mine was Carolina Cyclone.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris.

To be honest, I had no idea it was looping until afterwards. So I wasn't scared of the inversions, only the launch!

Ollie

CF Legend
I think he first coaster I went on that went upside down was Nemesis Inferno. Although I'd done crazy things like 23 consecutive rides on an Enterprise before so going upside down didn't bother me.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
My first was Nemesis in late 2007. It was my first ever "big ride", and I wasn't scared at all. I held on though, and it was that single ride that made me an enthusiast. Almost 100 rides on it later, and I haven't looked back :)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Corkscrew at Cedar Point, the second oldest modern vertical loop in the world!

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Revolution at SFMM. Going upside down is just another element...like a helix or drop. Nothing to be scared of (although I was).

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Since I'm an old fart, I guess I was the first one on here to go upside down - White Lightning at Carowinds in 1977. It absolutely blew me away & I probably rode it a dozen times the first day. I loved it so much that it remained my favorite coaster for a dozen years until I rode GASM at SFGAdv.

Jake

Strata Poster
Possibly twin looper at AA when I was 6 (1996). I can't remember anything before that...

A

Anonymous

The first looping ride I went on was irn bru revolution at blackpool pleasure beach. I have never been so scared in my younger days till I went on the least scariest ride. :p

andrus

Giga Poster
My first was Hang Over at Liseberg, a Vekoma suspended boomerang. Rough as hell so it wasn't a very nice experience :p and my pal blacked out too ^^

Nic

Strata Poster
I think it was Corkscrew at Alton Towers in 1993. I would also have done Thunder Looper on the same day, but I'm pretty sure I did Corky first.

Gangster4Life

Mega Poster
Tower of terror at Camelot theme park. When the train went upside down my friend thought I was crazy for letting go of the bar. :lol:

bazpa

Hyper Poster
Either Revolution at Blackpool or Corkscrew at Alton Towers for me - depends which opened first.

My Revolution ride was on August 27th 1979 as I've still got the certificate they gave us.

[Edit] Corky opened in 1980 so Revolution was my first.