What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
CONFIRMED LAPBARS?
If this is the same coaster from Hopi Hari, then it looks as though the trains feature the same lap bars as skyrush. If this is the coaster flamingo land are getting then it will be ALOT smoother than colossus at Thorpe Park! :)

153365d1360886965-neu-2012-10-inversion-coaster-hopi-hari-brasilien-trem-10i-hopi-hari-2-.jpg
trem+10i+-+hopi+hari+%281%29.jpg
Well apparently altair still rides like dogger and that's got these trains.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Listen, anyone who knows me knows I will back Flamingo Land despite its faults however, when their maintenance (specifically long term) is called into question I won’t be in their corner defending them that’s for sure!

Ben

CF Legend
Why would you be excited about it having Skyrush lap bars?

You know, those notoriously disgusting restraints nobody on the planet likes?

They are different, thankfully.

But yh, layout is still turd so.

Roller Poster
Why would you be excited about it having Skyrush lap bars?

You know, those notoriously disgusting restraints nobody on the planet likes?

They are different, thankfully.

But yh, layout is still turd so.
At least its better then over the shoulder restraints

spicy

Giga Poster
Shocked this is actually happening but also a pleasant surprise. Normally nothing comes of these rumours but looks like this one was right on the mark.

Now we know that it looks like FL have actually purchased this coaster, i’m rather intrigued as to how a park would go about such a purchase?

Surely the coaster being shipped around so much and then laying out in the Brazil/Malaysian fields exposed to the elements for so long can’t be too good?

Are Intamin involved at any point in the sale?Surely FL & Intamin would want all parts, track & supports thoroughly inspected for any defects before the sale goes through?

I can’t think of many coasters that have had the journey this one has had before ever being constructed. This will have been manufactured back in 2011/2012 and just laid around ever since.

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
Shocked this is actually happening but also a pleasant surprise. Normally nothing comes of these rumours but looks like this one was right on the mark.

Now we know that it looks like FL have actually purchased this coaster, i’m rather intrigued as to how a park would go about such a purchase?

Surely the coaster being shipped around so much and then laying out in the Brazil/Malaysian fields exposed to the elements for so long can’t be too good?

Are Intamin involved at any point in the sale?Surely FL & Intamin would want all parts, track & supports thoroughly inspected for any defects before the sale goes through?

I can’t think of many coasters that have had the journey this one has had before ever being constructed. This will have been manufactured back in 2011/2012 and just laid around ever since.
Yeah I don't hold out much hope of this riding like anything other than a shopping trolley being pushed down a hill. Id happily be proven wrong since its 90 miles from my house but...

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Colossus was smooth for a good number of years, I remember it riding nicely when Inferno was in the park. This one should ride nicely for a while, I know it's travelled but there shouldn't be any wear.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Intamin will be fully involved in the refurbishment of this coaster, don't worry. If I remember correctly, the main reason this rumour came about was the fact Intamin employees were inspecting the track and trains to ensure they were still ok. The majority of the large components will be pretty robust, and the smaller parts and things that get regularly changed (like wheels and electronics) will be easily replaced.

I'd just be upset if they go for GREY! GREY?! Come on Britain our weather is grey enough, can we have some vibrancy to our rides please.