What's new

Flambards - Chariot Race

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Chariot Race (flat ride similar to Mulan in Gt. Yarmouth Pleasure Beach without the overhead sheet) was a ride that used to operate at Flambards but over the years it got very worn and almost unsafe to operate, so they stopped operating it for a year.

Next year brings the return of the Chariot Race. So although nothing majorly exciting atleast they will be able to advertise another ride.

These are the words of a ride operator so I have no evidence of this but the (enlarged) version of the park map on the website still shows the Chariot Race: http://www.flambards.co.uk/park-map.html

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
LOL. This is a bit random, but the video on the home page has my family in!

You can see my mum with blondish hair and then my brother behind her on the Hornet POV. Then they're at the end cheesily shouting 'best day of the week'. LOL.. Brilliant.

I'm glad Flambards is getting another ride though, even if it is just an old one.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Well I only mentioned 1 attraction more for the public to be opened in 2010. A quick visit on their website http://www.flambards.co.uk/ indicates a potential other ride as the title describes more than 1:

"New Thrilling Attractions are planned for the 2010 main season!!

Watch this space!!"

(Though saying that, they advertise a rocking tug and a carousel in their thrill ride section lol)

jokerman

Giga Poster
As much as I loved Flambards, it just didn't have enough there to justify it's long opening hours, and I did everything, including all the exhibitions. If this had been there, then it might have padded out my day for an extra ten minutes.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Is this going to make me want to travel for five hours to visit the park? No.

I could travel to a lot of places in in that time!

There is a such a lull in the south-west when it comes to innovative and exciting theme parks.

The south-west UK is a great touristy area. It usually has the best weather, plenty of camping/hotel/B&B infrastructure, beaches, landscape...it's lovely.

I went to Flambards on a family caravan holiday back in 1988 and have no desire to go back. It's great to see the park opening up "new" attractions (even if they have been dormant for a year), but it's so eerily quiet in that part of the world. It's about time something exciting happened...

Nic

Strata Poster
Flambards is a dump. It's incredibly expensive for what it is. Eugh.

Oh, and lack of innovative attractions in the SW?!.... Milky Way. I rest my case :)

A

Anonymous

I live right next to Flambards, and it is REALLY bad!
But,then again, the only Theme Park near me, so its pretty cool. The Chariot Race was my favourite ride there, it was so fun and as i know some of the workers, they'd alway put on the music really loud for us, i could of stayed on it all day. When i saw that it was all bordered off i actually nearly cried, and some one left a gate open near it, so we went to see it and it was all taken apart, only a big metal circle and the Red dot thing in the middle was there :(
I REALLY hope it comes back, because its so crap its actually good!
I think it will any way.

Mark

Strata Poster
Twisting drop tower? Sounds very interesting indeed! Do you happen to know who is the manufacturor etc?

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
G-force said:
The base has now been prepared for the arrival of SKYRAKER 001 the thrilling new 28 metre high twisting drop tower

Ok, that was unexpected.

Sounds pretty good in a weird way. The base they speak of is where the remote control boats used to be and I would rather have a spinny tower thing instead of boats anyday, so good on Flambards :)

Jake

Strata Poster
Vadge said:
Flambards is a dump. It's incredibly expensive for what it is. Eugh.

Oh, and lack of innovative attractions in the SW?!.... Milky Way. I rest my case :)

The music sound things were amazing though <3.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Jake said:
The music sound things were amazing though <3.

Are you on about those things you put your hand through the light?

So I guess the topic title could be changed? Maybe a construction topic should be started aswell... :)

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Yeah I found that site aswell, but there is another company doing a similar ride type and neither promote a 28 meter version, so I have no idea on manufacturer. I emailed the park asking for more info, but they haven't replied...

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Flambards ride being tested in Italy:

Skyraker-001-being-tested-in-Italy-1.jpg

looks good for a park like flambards

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Yeah, it does look good, it's not even in Flambards yet as I went there the other day.

They were tarmacing the carousel though!