What's new

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi | Mission Ferrari | Dynamic Attractions | 2023

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
I think there should be a really good addition to the park. As It will travel through the park you will be able to hear people screaming and see it. One of the original complaint about the park when it first opened was that all the rides were in boxes so people can really see what was going on or how many rides there were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
The press release makes it seem like there will be a holding brake. Also, it's not tall enough to get any views. I wonder how long the trains will be!
turbo-track-ferrari-world-1.jpg

turbo-track-ferrari-world-2.jpg

source

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
There's also nothing to get a view of...

The roof of Ferarri World and the airport I've been working on are the only things of any interest for about 10 miles. And most of the time it's too hazy to be able to see that far anyway... :D

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm struggling to understand the launch mechanism? It seems odd to me that they haven't attached the LSM fins when constructing?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
^It looks like they're installed in the picture above. Although in other pictures of the hill, it looks as if the row of LSMs have metal brake fins too. Weird.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Stumbled across this - http://www.screamscape.com/html/ferrari_world.htm
Screamscape said:
A quick note about Ferrari World from a recent park guest. I'm told that the restraint system used on the Flying Aces (Intamin) coaster is currently in the middle of being replaced. The old over-head lap-bar system is being replaced by Intamin's soft over-the-shoulder strap system, with the conversion said to be complete on one train, and work about to begin on converting the other. Why the switch? I don't think there was any one incident or anything, but it sounded like a few too many guests were leaning over and being thrown sideways harder than anticipated through the aggressive high-g lateral maneuvers, so the new restraint belts will help keep the rider's upper bodies in the center of the seat as intended.
@Dubaidave - Any truth to this?

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
I have asked the park and they have not replied. Someone was there today and the train running was normal. I haven't had chance to head down there recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Great, glad to hear it Dave.

I'd appreciate a picture or two of the opening in the roof and how they prevent all the cool air flooding out. I haven't seen any pictures that show it in much detail, and when I was there with Ben/Jake in October they still hadn't really finished the hole.

Looks like an strange ride, going to be interesting to see it running.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Apparently they'll be videos on their FB page "very soon".

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I'd appreciate a picture or two of the opening in the roof and how they prevent all the cool air flooding out. I haven't seen any pictures that show it in much detail, and when I was there with Ben/Jake in October they still hadn't really finished the hole.

Seconding this, on behalf of all the other building physicists on CF.

(I'd actually be surprised if there were others than Hixee and me)