Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rocky (the dog)

• I don't use office

• Total voters

robertw

Roller Poster
This is how you know how bored I am :roll: . Whilst doing the work I should be doing now, I noticed that annoying paper clip, and that inspired me for this poll. Which annoying creature do you normally use?

For me, it's always Rocky. He's strangely cute.

A

Anonymous

I used it at school - and the cat is certainly the best, by a country mile IMO, because, well, its a cat - and cats rule! :D

robbeal

Hyper Poster
There's no 'I use it but the assistants pee me off' option! Okay, i'll vote the cat, it' pretty cool.

robertw

Roller Poster
A sewer [i:1euqkfs9]rat[/i] said:
I used it at school - and the cat is certainly the best, by a country mile IMO, because, well, its a cat - and cats rule!
uhh. . . Don't cats eat rats :D ? I'd have thought you'd want to avoid them. :wink:

Damn, why aren't I doing any work?

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Rocky rules!especially when he blow torches the documents!

He is also, ofcourse, a dog and dogs beat cats!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I hate the lot of them... I don't use a single one. I do use Office though.

Most common Office support call to me? "How do you turn this annoying ?$$%^$?# thing off?"

thx

Mega Poster
I've 'used' clippit a lot, before I noticed that you could have other creatures, now I've the genius and I like it (him). I've tried to change it for the cat, but it doesn't work. Don't know why though.

Nadia

Mega Poster
Lmaoo I used to change my assistant all the time and stuff but now they just do my head in so I dn;t use them, not like I really need them anyways olol But to pick a fave lol it's gonna beeee Mother Nature because I like the noise it makes, doesn't do much else phunky though lol!!

Will

Strata Poster
Nadia said:
they just do my head in so I dn;t use them

Aside from the oddly placed semi colon, that basically sums up my views on office assistants. A distracting thing that grins inanely (paperclip) at you from the corner of the screen, and makes stupid noises, occasionally offering 'helpful' remarks such as "it looks like you're writing a letter", which you probably already knew, or else offering to irreversibly re-format your document, rendering it illegible if you press something. :x

And on the rare occasion that you do actually want assistance, what do you get? "I don't know what you mean? Please rephrase your question." and, when you angrily reply "please sod off", it decides to explain how to print your document. :x

Hmm... got a bit carried away there - didn't realise they annoyed me this much, but this explains why I'm not going to vote for a favourite. That and none of them will work on my computer except the paperclip, who surely ranks alongside the crazy frog/duck on the irritation stakes!

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^Fair point about the crazy frog!

On the subject of assistants, I went onto eBay earlier, and I had a wizard-dude assistant pop up on there. Is this normal, or was it simply a generic popup?

A

Anonymous

f1 the robot everytime!
Hes a legend, he can dissapear through doors and all sorts! lol!

Will

Strata Poster
theslammed said:
f1 the robot everytime!
Hes a legend, he can dissapear through doors
Yeah, he'd be ok if he didn't have a nasty habit of re-appearing afterwards :p

A

Anonymous

lol! i just realise how stupid that sounded, anyone can dissapear through a door. What i meant to say was, he can make a door appear, then vanish trhough it, make it all dissapear, then comes back! I dont see Rocky doing that, he just goes Woof!

that guy

Roller Poster
I'm sorry but I had to go for clippit. It's the only one I've ever used and I like how it taps on the screen sometimes.

A

Anonymous

I hate them all. They patronise me. Grrrrr. That paperclip needs to be scraped.

Homer

Hyper Poster
Well, I used to use Office on my old comp, but now I use MSWorks. But when I used office, good old robot! Heck, it can self destruct!