What's new

Favourite coaster drop?

ashcoaster3

Roller Poster
OK so this does not have to involve your favorite ride. My favorite coaster drop was actually Knigtmare's 2nd drop at Camelot (now defunct and abandoned). Wasn't a great ride but I thought the 2nd drop was very powerful and gave great air time. Love the steep twist and steep bank.

Attachments

• knighmare 2nd drop.jpg
    knighmare 2nd drop.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 28

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Skyrush's first drop is my fave. Others I love are MF, EGF, El Toro and Fury.
Weirdly I'm not a massive fan of RMC's first drops, they have airtime but are over quickly and all feel too samey.

jayjay

Giga Poster
There's only one answer for me: Lost Gravity's first drop. Can't think of any other ride where I'm involuntarily yelping after three rides. It's like the ground just falls out beneath the train

balrog

Mega Poster
Shambhala. EGF's first drop desapointed me. I think I like drops to be a straight fall with substained airtime. Feels like you just jumped down from the lift hill and wait for the crash.

Lofty

CF Legend
Millennium Force, Lost Gravity, Leviathan, Valravn (it feels like it's never going to end) and OzIris are amongst my favourites.

ashcoaster3

Roller Poster
MF first drop was great, but I rode it in a thunderstorm so didn't really have time to process. El loco coaster first drop can be fun.

jodon1981

Roller Poster
Raging Bull's first drop in the back row, The Raven's 5th drop, TTD's drop, and Outlaw Run's first drop to name a few of my favorites!

Hutch

Strata Poster
Skyrush, Millennium Force, Maverick in the back row, and Mako. Maverick's drop in the back row actually caught me by surprise by how crazier it is compared to front row. MF and Mako are great too because they seem to last a while. Skyrush's is shorter, but it's insane.

ashcoaster3

Roller Poster
TTD is good also. I found the first drop on Griffon to be smooth and great floater air time. I'm not much of a fan of dive drops tbh.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
X2 is fantastic. The transition from ascending the lift backwards to rotate face down a 200ft. drop is enough to make anyone question God.

Edward M

Strata Poster
X2. It's unreal.

Also, Millennium Force, Shambhala, and Iron Rattler are all fantastic and well worth mentioning.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
In no particular order...
Millennium Force, Outlaw Run, Fury, Leviathan, X2, Mako, Monster, Montu