What's new

Favorite preshow

TJH

Roller Poster
Some rides if necessary have something extra before the ride that if done right can almost become part of the ride itself. I was wondering which ride you all think has the best one and why?

mouse

Giga Poster
Hex has a great preshow with a good storyline, for me it's the main/best part of the ride.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Tower of Terror is my favourite, because it sets the scene and makes people jump!

I like Hex, because of the smug Earl! It also outlines the story perfectly.

I also like The Haunted Mansion, it is has good effects and it quite funny.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
The old Test Track was pretty cool. Nothing to shout at, but it made it feel like a little recruitment/training video. I thought it was pretty cool.

I also think Tower Of Terror's was cool. It, like said above, sets the mood, and gives you a very vague idea of what new riders are going to experience.

ignace

Mega Poster
Novgorod. Before the car launches, you are already blasted away by an amazing little darkridepart.

I like Villa Volta's to, but I'm pretty sure people who don't speak Dutch don't agree.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
The old Test Track was pretty cool. Nothing to shout at, but it made it feel like a little recruitment/training video. I thought it was pretty cool.

I also think Tower Of Terror's was cool. It, like said above, sets the mood, and gives you a very vague idea of what new riders are going to experience.

I completely forgot about the old Test Track one! I loved that one too! "Lets throw in a few surprise tests". It linked really well with the ride. "Did you remember to turn off those robots?"

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
A few that I like:

Hex - the video is slightly over-long, especially for repeat visits, but the whole preshow areas/music etc set the tone really well.

TOT Tokyo - I don't actually like the other three; they're basically just a video. Tokyo's is excellent though, with the whole "window" effect and disappearing idol.

Mystic Manor - Mostly for the amazing animatronic and the line, "Ooohhhhh yeeeesssss, you like that box, don't you?!"

A few others popped into my head, but I'd put them more under "Queue Line" than preshow, so I'll leave it there for now.

peep

CF Legend
Best by a long way is the Cesar madhouse at Parc Asterix. It's ridiculous, unique and very entertaining.

Tokyo ToT is also great for the reasons Gavin mentioned. The idol effect is perfect.

Hex is pretty good too.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Came here to say Tokyo's TOT for the same reasons mentioned. JTTCOTE in the same park is also worthy of a mention if the queue line and terravator count as a pre-show. Sadly I haven't even been on either, but have watched pretty much every video in existence on them. :'(

nadroJ

CF Legend
Does the weird bit pre-launch on Baco count? Because I <3 it.

And Tower of Terror OBV.

ALSO Terminator 4D with the fab presenter lady.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
nadroJ said:
ALSO Terminator 4D with the fab presenter lady.

Stop adding extra Ds; you're worse than a Chinese park.

Last edited:

nadroJ

CF Legend
I couldn't remember if it was 3 or 4, I assumed 4 because it has live stuff and smoke. To be honest, I have very little understand of what Ds actually mean when it comes to these rides!

Edward M

Strata Poster
I'll continue with the Tower of Terror preshow love. I'm a huge fan of the the show so the preshow always makes me giddy. What is so amazing is how they were able to make it not just look but feel like a Twilight Zone episode. It still amazes me how seamlessly Rod Serling is put in there, the voice and the person. Plus, Rod Serling on a Disney ride, obviously it is amazing.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
peep said:
Best by a long way is the Cesar madhouse at Parc Asterix. It's ridiculous, unique and very entertaining.

Yes! It's amazing <3

Another madhouse with a great pre-show is 'Hotel Embrujado' in Parque Warner Madrid. It's all in Spanish and I didn't understand a word of it, but it still blew me away. It has faces talking from the walls, a fireplace with leg ticklers and moving bookcases.

The pre-show before Batman: The Dark Knight at SFGrAdv is actually better than the coaster itself. I love how it gets dark and the mood suddenly changes.

The little Juvelen pre-show before the launch is also quite fab.

Ben

CF Legend
gavin said:
Mystic Manor - Mostly for the amazing animatronic and the line, "Ooohhhhh yeeeesssss, you like that box, don't you?!"

This, best line ever.

Hex is my personal favourite, it's so long and amazing.

Cesar's is really good I love that. I feel like Villa Volta has a good one but I can't even remember it.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I think the thing with Villa Volta is; the story is really really good, the animatronic in the second room tells it beautifully and almost poetically, but due to the lack of special effects it's extremely boring for foreigners. I love it though.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
ThomVD said:
I think the thing with Villa Volta is; the story is really really good, the animatronic in the second room tells it beautifully and almost poetically, but due to the lack of special effects it's extremely boring for foreigners. I love it though.

The first room is especially dull for us ignorant foreigners ;)

The animatronic room is better, because it's a fab animatronic, but all Madhouses have that issue of a language barrier (apart from Hex really, because it uses the video which is easy to follow even if English isn't your first language)...

I'm gonna second Serena's mention for the Madhouse at Parque Warner though, it's so fab <3

Heth

Mega Poster
Hex - Alton Towers. It's in an actual castle so that definitely works in it's favour.

Baron 1898- Efteling- best told story on a coaster I can think of. Love the atmosphere and effects and love the dispatch straight onto the ride fron the second preshow room.