What's new

Favorite Flat?

BBH

Giga Poster
There are a lot of innovative flat rides out there, and everybody has a favorite. What's yours?

Frisbee/Top Spins win it for me.

bmac

Giga Poster
I'm still a sucker for the old stuff. My favorites will either have to be the Enterprise or the Condor, Breakdances get a nod, too.

Mike

Giga Poster
Are we talking about our favourite generic model, or can we go for unique rides as well.

If the latter, then my auto-response would normally be Tower of Terror, but thinking about it Mystery Castle at Phantasialand has GOT to win this one. An utterly fantastic ride, and an excellent twist on the normal shot & drop towers!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I find Rush quite boring *ducks from the missiles*.
I love anything spin and spew with intense gs:

Starshapes and other travelling inverting things
Crazy trains
Meteorites and rotors
Old school waltzers and breakdances
I'm also a Slammer fan

Normally don't like drop towers but Mystery Castle is fab because of the theme.
Mad houses are usually great because of the theme as well, with Hex being the best of course

Martyn B

CF Legend
Most flat rides are disgusting. I only really like the flat rides that actually offer different/interesting experiences, not the ususal **** that is just made to make you throw up.

I like Top Spins, Boosters, Shot/Drop towers, Frisbees (outward facing), After Burners, Sky Swings etc.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Top Scans (although very hit and miss), Screamin' Swings, Frisbees, Boosters, KMG Inversions, and whatever Bling/Air are. I'd love to try XXL.

I'm game for pretty much any spin and spew really. Drop towers though? No.

Drop towers for sure would be my favourite flat ride, namely Drop Tower at Kings Island and the Superman one at Six Flags St. Louis.

Apart from drop towers though, I love me some MaXair <3 That has always been one of my favourites, and I hate to say it, but Skyhawk and Rush are boring as hell and don't even compare.

SoMuchWin

Mega Poster
HUSS jump 2 is my favorite, besides the part where I can't have children. I also like S&S space shots, more than Intamin drop towers actually.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Drop towers, top scans (when are are run like Samurai was at Chessington) and Gyro Swings/KMG Afterburners.