What's new

Favorite Arrow Looper/corkscrew coaster

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Viper is the only answer here.
It featured in one of my favourite films and I make no apologies for sharing this clip again.

Seriously, if you've never seen True Romance, go and watch it right now. Then make the pilgrimage to Magic Mountain to ride in the footsteps of Clarence and Alabama. I did. 😁

RcTmix

Mega Poster
Those sound FX are priceless

EDIT: And Vortex (RIP), which is the only Arrow MegaLooper I've done.

Fiender

Roller Poster
I've only ridden Viper (DARIEN LAKE) and Corkscrew (Cedar Point). I love DL Viper, but hate CP Corkscrew.

I'm headed to Canada's Wonderland this May and I'm seriously up-in-the-air on whether or not to be excited for Dragon Fyre.

Hutch

Strata Poster
It's Tennessee Tornado. Not only does it have somewhat decent shaping in the track, it's intense and has a great first drop.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Yeah, Tennessee Tornado is actually pretty awesome.
While not good, I always gave Scream Machine at Great Adventure the courtesy ride and definitely had a soft spot for Canobie Corkscrew, RIP

Skyye

Mega Poster
My favorite arrow looper is Vortex at KI, but if we have to do operating coasters then Demon at SFGAm

Indy

Hyper Poster
Wasn't Blue Hawk actually designed by Arrow, but completed by Vekoma?
That was the other Ninja at SFStL.

Tennessee Tornado is the easy winner for me. Though SFMM Viper is certainly worth mentioning for its incredible first drop. Honorable mentions to Loch Ness Monster and Dragon Fyre for still riding so well for their age.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Darien Lake Viper takes the cake for me. Fun layout, very satisfying ride, also one of my acquaintances goes by the name Viper Tom and has been operating that coaster for 30+ years with all of his crazy hats. Excluding bias I still like it. Batwing is perhaps a little shaky but that's about it.