What's new

Fat Woman Gets Stuck in Waterslide

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ok, so not exactly park news, but it's close enough. A 20-stone (280 pounds), gluttenous heffa got stuck in a waterslide at Butlins, Minehead.

The Sun said:
A 20-STONE woman sparked a dramatic rescue operation yesterday after getting stuck on a Butlins water slide.

Around 100 holidaymakers were evacuated from the ride as fire crews struggled to free the victim, who suffered suspected spinal injuries at the Minehead resort in Somerset.

The mum of two was in a yellow rubber dingy with a slimmer female pal when they became trapped half-way down the Splash Waterworld slide.

A lifeguard climbed up to help them from the inflatable. But as the woman stepped on to the slide she slipped and fell.

Three fire engines and two ambulances were sent as a two-hour operation began to free the victim, in her 40s. Her young children were taken to a camp nursery.

The attraction was drained of water and the woman strapped to a spinal board, then hauled down the remaining 100ft of the slide.

Her injuries were not thought to be serious. But the incident sparked a review of safety procedures at the resort.

Butlins said a pump fault halted the water flow on the slide, which has a weight restriction of 20-stone per dinghy.

A spokesman estimated the woman weighed around 16 stone.

But an insider claimed: "Saying she is 16 stone is very generous. I would say she was around the weight restriction limit just by herself.

"Chances of a sudden problem with the water were also pretty slim. The combined weight of the women was just too much and they grounded.

"At one point they thought they might have to dismantle the ride."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... z14Qd6G8fz

It sort of reminds me of an episode of The Simpsons...

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Great journalism there! When are they going to make Fat-boy slides with 2 dingies per rider?!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hahaha, a mate at work showed me thsi earlier and we did laugh for a good 10 mins or so.

How embarrassing for her. I hope it makes the fat bint diet.

Lofty

CF Legend
I feel sorry for every body else that had to see her in a bathing suit at the water park to be honest.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Ah fat people, always hilarious at parks, I've seen so many either stuck in rides (Kali River Rapids at Animal Kingdom was AMAZING) or simply trying to squish themselves into restraints, only to be told 'Sorry, you are too fat to ride, please do a walk of shame and get out of my sight'. Cruel but, to be honest, it probably would make these people think about their lifestyle and make them do something about it.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
^Haha, that reminds me of one time at Thorpe in the Vortex queue. There was this couple in front of me, both of whom were quite, well, plump. For about 10 minutes they kept looking at the ride then looking at their bellies, then eventually the husband said in a hilariously melancholic fashion "Look at the size of us, we ain't ever getting on this...". After lowering their heads with a face of pure misery they left the queue. Literally as soon as they walked past I laughed like a hyena...which I think they heard, ha.

Also, lol at the story, it IS very similar to the Simpsons episode where Homer gets stuck in the slide...

Ben

CF Legend
She blasted the manufacturer's claim that she and her female pal exceeded the slide's 30st weight limit. She said: "It is unfair to say that my weight was to blame - I think there was a problem with the water jets." Butlins agreed saying the jets, which help push dinghies down the ride, lost pressure.

UGH

Why won't the big bird just admit it's cause she's HUGE.

I do love how the small description of it as a related article is just like "OBESE woman sparks..." with the capitals and everything <3

Jer

Strata Poster
Ben said:
She blasted the manufacturer's claim that she and her female pal exceeded the slide's 30st weight limit. She said: "It is unfair to say that my weight was to blame - I think there was a problem with the water jets." Butlins agreed saying the jets, which help push dinghies down the ride, lost pressure.

UGH

Why won't the big bird just admit it's cause she's HUGE.

I do love how the small description of it as a related article is just like "OBESE woman sparks..." with the capitals and everything <3

Fat people will never admit they're fat. Clearly this woman is just a greedy bitch and wants money.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Jer said:
Fat people will never admit they're fat. Clearly this woman is just a greedy bitch and wants money.

Well, she was on a £9.50 Sun holiday :p Fat, working class sum who get trapped in small spaces makes me laugh [/Conservative POV]