What's new

Fantawild Dreamland Zhuzhou | Unknown | Gravity Group woodie

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The Gravity Group made an announcement at IAAPA that they are building four new coasters in China with three slated to open in 2014 and the fourth in 2015. Little else was announced other than this one will be the first to open next year since it is the only one to start construction. The Gravity Group also said that one or more of the three at the Fantawild parks will include inversions similar to the one they built for Hades 360 at Mt. Olympus this year.
http://rcdb.com/11601.htm

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Re: Fantawild Adventure Zhuzhou | Unknown | Gravity Group wo

This image was taken in November 2013 according to Google Earth. I imagine its close to being if not completely finished by now.

Fantawood1.jpg

Interestingly on footers alone the ride appears similar if not identical to the one recently opened at Happy Valley Tianjin.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Fantawild Dreamland Zhuzhou | Unknown | Gravity Group wo

Nice! Reminders me of Zippin Pippin, only on a much larger scale.

bmac

Giga Poster

Is that a double down first drop, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

bmac said:
Is that a double down first drop, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
Your eyes do not play tricks. its tough to tell as it's hidden away but yeah its a double down. The pic below is from the clone at Tianjin's Happy Valley.

20130116161328743.jpg

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

That looks awesome. I was going to hold off heading to that area as I didn't think I'd get time between now and the summer, and I didn't think the woodie would be ready, but I think I might be able to squeeze a weekend in as it's not too far from here and there's a high-speed rail connection via Shenzhen.

I'll have to see if I've got any more early finishes on Fridays to make it worth it by traveling up there a bit earlier. It's too far for just normal weekend; the travel time and border control faff just isn't worth it.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

If it's open I'll be visiting on the 11th of October which is a Saturday :)

Not quite sure when it's due top open though. I think its early July but its tough to figure out,

For anyone whos paying attention I posted the Hotgo Park Gravity Group layout in it's topic but for some reason it's not stickied.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^That's a point. It doesn't look like it'll be open by the time my summer holidays start and I head back to the UK. I'm not going to risk the trip unless I can find out for certain beforehand. It just means that I won't be able to get up there for ages though, possibly not until early next year.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

roomraider said:
For anyone whos paying attention I posted the Hotgo Park Gravity Group layout in it's topic but for some reason it's not stickied.
I double checked and the topic is stickied.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

ECG said:
I double checked and the topic is stickied.
Yeah i spoke to Gavin earlier and he sorted it out. Cheers for checking though.

It seems quite rare for woodies to be cloned so this came as a bit of a surprise. Should get to ride both versions later this year so will be interesting to compare.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

After a year of sitting idle the park is back on track. Now due to open in July this year
I believe the park sat idle for so long due to issues the local government had with traffic infrastructure but cant really confirm it and not much seems to have been done anyway.

20140729094531216.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

zuhmvr1.jpg

Looks like the park is set to open finally at the end of the summer. Lovely view of Jungle Trailblazer above.
I've ridden the clone of this ride at Happy Valley Tianjin and highly rate it. There's a ton of Airtime especially on that double down first drop but It does lack the crazy direction changes found on Fireball.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

So it's Fjord Flying Dragon? That's a weird clone to go for :p

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Correct.
It is an excellent ride and a smallish footprint. I'm sad it's not another custom ride but if you are going to clone something you could do worse than Fjord Dragon

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

I was supposed to go last week, but f**ked up the timing and wasn't actually free when I thought I was. Train tickets and hotel all paid for as well.

I might try again next month.