What's new

Fårup Sommerland | Fønix | Vekoma | 2022

Christian

Hyper Poster
That's some heavy duty machinery there. I wouldn't expect any Danish park getting anything major but with such a serious construction effort Fårup might actually be getting something good.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Could even be a thrill coaster; you never know!
The last time a non-family coaster was built in Denmark was 2008. To my knowledge, Tivoli is the only Danish park to have built "extreme" rides since then, and most of those were temporary flat rides. The Danish parks have found their niche in appealing to families with children, traveling by car from all over Scandinavia and Germany. I don't think they're considering it worthwhile to try to appeal to adrenaline seekers.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The last time a non-family coaster was built in Denmark was 2008. To my knowledge, Tivoli is the only Danish park to have built "extreme" rides since then, and most of those were temporary flat rides. The Danish parks have found their niche in appealing to families with children, traveling by car from all over Scandinavia and Germany. I don't think they're considering it worthwhile to try to appeal to adrenaline seekers.
I hadn't really looked at this park for quite some time. They have a surprisingly nice little spread of rides. No standouts but it's pretty varied. Their lineup already sort of rules out a lot of potential rides.

I'd say their existing launched coaster doesn't rule out a more thrilling ride but as has been pointed out Danish parks done often go that way. But they do seem to have the majority of the usual family coasters already crossed off.

My usual goto suggestions for family rides would be a family Boomerang an SFC or a spinner and they have one of each already. They also already gave a rollerskater model so if it is Vekoma there isn't a whole lot from their stable of rides left.

Even if you were to look at other manafacturers other parks in Denmark have the main contenders covered with an Intamin family launched and zierer drop track rides being reasonably recent additions to the country.

Not that it procludes farup getting one of those but it seems less likely.

The park doesn't have a powered coaster right? So a mack powered ride doesn't seem out of the question

Last edited:

Christian

Hyper Poster
Will be interesting to follow the progression. Right now the area seems to compact for a thrill coaster.
Vekoma did post this though:

View attachment 11861

Wouldn't be surprised if this is the tilt coaster or something else award winning for Energylandia. Energylandia has released plans for their 19th coaster and we know that SFMM is starting to build something so they might be kicking off the 20th just to beat SFMM to the record.

STMOE

Roller Poster
Wouldn't be surprised if this is the tilt coaster or something else award winning for Energylandia. Energylandia has released plans for their 19th coaster and we know that SFMM is starting to build something so they might be kicking off the 20th..
You never know with EL, but Vekoma stated in the post that the project is for a european customer, so that rules out SFMM.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Since we have loads of members here who are very good at GeoGuessr, let's play the ultimate round and see who can tell us where this is:

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Vekoma has just posted this on their Instagram:

Since the text on the pole refers to a Danish company in Northern Jutland, I think we can deduct that Fårup Sommerland is getting a new coaster from Vekoma! 😍

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The text could be Norwegian as well, but I've never seen that name in use here. So I googled it and found this:
"Your surveyor in northern Jutland"

Yeah, this is Fårup.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I've heard rumours in obscure coaster Discords late at night, whispering about Vekoma selling a Lech clone to a Danish park. Not sure where they originate or how substantial they are, but two of those three puzzle pieces appear to be present here.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Since we have loads of members here who are very good at GeoGuessr, let's play the ultimate round and see who can tell us where this is:

Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 10.14.41.png

;)

Christian

Hyper Poster
I don't think Fårup is getting the Vekoma with "award winning potential". Fårup is probably getting a STC or something like Formula, maybe even Lech 🤞. Incredible addition to the park but not the hyper.

If Fårup gets a Lech clone they could be close to having the best coaster in Scandinavia. It would not beat Wildfire but might be close to Helix.