What's new

Eurovision 2010

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Well, somebody had to make the topic didn't they?!

You know the drill. Moan about the Germans, complain about tactical voting, say we won't win, talk about how as the acts go through they look camper and camper etc etc

Semi-Finals just about to start on BBC3 (UK) and on other channels across Europe (and around other parts of the globe).

Oh yeah Eurovision! I was going to watch this but there was some paint drying on my wall which I watched instead.

I'm going to watch it live online here:
http://www.eurovision.tv/esctv
Currently unavailable because it hasn't started, not long though :--D
I want Azerbaijan to win this year, all their entries have been great, this year I also like Germany, Armenia, Turkey and Albania, but a few others ain't bad either like Moldova and Greece.

Spicy, when you're finished watching the paint dry, would you like to come over to my Stabbing Needles In My Eyes party? You'll have to bring your own needles though as mine have nearly run out.

As you may have gathered, I have a penis, therefore I do not like Eurovision or anything with Sarah Jessica Parker in.

I'll wait until after Eurovision incase anything of any interest happens.

Realistically we'll come 3rd from last.

Just a few things from the first semi-final so far:

Russia – Awful. I hated it.

Estonia – Unusual song, but worked well. Shame his voice couldn’t carry it along stronger, but oh well.

Slovakia – Mmmmm, she was nom. Can’t remember the song, must’ve been bad then.

Finland – No, just no. It wasn’t very good, it sounded eastern European, not something traditionally Finland enters.

Latvia – Female was OMNOMNOM...song was above average.

Serbia – Erm...words cannot describe the pain I was in watching that, but I suppose “he” appeals...

Belgium - <3 AMAZING! I loved it! I’m going to say he is a very strong contender to win the finals. I WANT THE SONG HE SUNG!

Malta – Nice voice, song was a bit cliché, typical sort of X Factor winners song.

Portugal – Nice looking female, 18, living in London. YES PLEASE!

Does anybody know why the UK wasn’t allowed to vote this semi-final, but the rest of Europe was? I swear usually we vote in both semi’s?

And just seen the female singer for Azerbaijan. OMG! She is jizzy worthy. She has my vote mmmmmm *drools*.

Who says that Eurovision's for gays? :p

^
That's not how it's worked the last 3 years, but I don't know if the rule's been different at some point between 2004 and 2008... because I didn't have a freeview box in those days :p
Firstly, Ian...
As you may have gathered, I have a penis, therefore I do not like Eurovision
400.jpg

lena-meyer-landrut_2.Jpg

Slovakia-Kristina-Eurovision-2010.jpg

You get the idea :p

Going back to the matter in hand, as per the first semi, I was annoyed that the song with the epic guitar solo [FYROM], perhaps inevitably didn't get through, meaning my 2 favourites are now from countries I have personal grudges against and would thus hate myself for voting. We also can't blame the Germans (and surely it's the Balkans at fault in this contest anyway) this time around, owing to one of the above images! Otherwise, my scoresheet has very little than isn't a 5, 6 or 7, so nothing really outstanding; perhaps the favourites have been saved for Thursday night. One thing's for certain, not only will 'Josh' not win, but he doesn't deserve to either - he was almost as dull as the Belgians and Russians. Who both qualified, mysteriously...

So the point you're making Will is that those ladies pictured like Eurovision and you have no penis?

If you could just clarify please? :p

Top one looks like Sarah Jessica Parker ie. Ugly as sin. The second one is wearing orange lipstick AND a knitted vest *raised eyebrow* I can't see anything particularly wrong with the last one so I'll go with: she's singing the the Eurovision song contest, therefore she fails at life.

Ed Wood said:
Do I really have a face like a horse???

It's not orange lipstick, she was sucking on a Callipo earlier on, she is only 12 and still makes a bit of a mess :p

The bottom one looks like somebody in cosplay trying to make them more interesting than they really are.

This has nothing to do with Eurovision, I haven't watch it since Bucks Fizz won it - there is probably a good reason for that :p

ciallkennett said:
Yeah, everyone knows that, but usually we can still vote in BOTH semi-finals I thought?

I think you can only vote if your country is in one of the semi finals. In Ireland we couldn't vote last night but will be able too when our act is in the semi final on Thursday.

Some good songs on the show last and I'm happy that Belgium and Iceland got through. They were my favourites so far.

I hope we make it to the final on Thursdays semi but I can't really seeing us doing great in the final as there are better songs in the competition.

I remember last year that the big 4 and the host country who get automatically into the finals get assigned a semi-final to vote in. So in theory we should get to vote in Thursdays semi.

Wikipedia said:
The draw also determined which semi-final the "Big Four" countries (France, Germany, Spain and the United Kingdom) and the host country, Norway, would have voting rights in

We only get voting rights to one of the semi-finals. France, Germany and Spain got to vote in the first one. The UK and Norway get to vote in the second.

Will said:
^
Firstly, Ian...
As you may have gathered, I have a penis, therefore I do not like Eurovision
400.jpg

lena-meyer-landrut_2.Jpg

Slovakia-Kristina-Eurovision-2010.jpg

You get the idea :p

Going back to the matter in hand, as per the first semi
*sniggers*

OK, first up, to resolve any confusion as to why not all the entrants performed in semi-finals. The United Kingdom, France, Germany and Spain are the founder nations of Eurovision, and effectively finance the contest, thus granting them along with the host nation (Norway in this instance) immediate progression to Saturday night's final, without the need to qualify - all others must run the semi-final gauntlet. Frankly, I'd be far from upset to have a Eurovision without us - Josh is rubbish, and doesn't have a snowball in hell's, whatever Sarah bloody Cawood would have us believe; as long as the BBC still screen it for me, we don't need to actually enter :p

And tonight, as you're no doubt aware was semi-final 2. Perhaps I was just more in the mood for it, but I thought the standard was far higher than on Tuesday night, thus there's only 4 big red DNWs on my scoresheet (sadly, 3 of those would get in... and I'd have granted the other inclusion on the basis of the fact that its title appeared to translate as Golden Sh...never mind... cool))
Meanwhile, 7 of my 10 favourites will be appearing again on Saturday. I was seriously disappointed to lose Slovenia's hectic bit of folk rock, complete with instrumental moments that seemed not to fit anywhere, and guitar based times. However, their loss was made up for by the inclusion of Turkish prog-rockers Manga, who, along with Macedonia and a handful of others, are now on repeat on my Spotify, the stunning vocal range of a Romanian female, which made up for a relatively lacklustre chorus, an Armenian with enough hair to keep a hundred trichophiles satisfied, and a rather scary looking Ukranian with a song to match. There were also pyrotechnics, which are always Will-approved. Favourites Azerbaijan will also return on Saturday (and can 'Drip, Drip, Drop' on me anytime :? ), to be joined by Cyprus, Georgia, Israel (BORINGTIMES), Denmark (Almost as bad), Ireland (WHY, GOD, WHY!?). Yet, in a surprising turn of events, Sweden and an eccentric Dutch entry will not - both of which I'd have guessed were dead-certs, if only for the ludicrous amount of effort that went into the coreography and set design of the latter. Still, the unpredictability (bloc voting aside, naturally) is one of the things the contest has to be loved for :)
Conclusively, despite the slightly scary prospect of this being my first entirely sober contest since 2003, it's looking like there'll be more than enough to keep me entertained. Favourites for now include Turkey, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Germany, Armenia and Ukraine... but, I'd be the first to admit that a little too much of my vote HAS been based on costume, performance and... aesthetic appeal, shall we say, rather than music... hence listening to the songs on Spotify where there's no dark hair, darker eyes and shiny costumes to distract my attention. "Will... you're NOT voting for her just because she looks like the girl on your iPod," I was... informed by a sibling 3 hours or so back. His advice was hastily disregarded.

Let's face it, nobody reads my nerdy rants - me included, hence the spelling errors, so to close, just because it amused me the first time and it follows my point nicely - here's the top 3 reasons why those nature was generous enough to equip with a penis... would still have found amusement in Semi-Final 2.
azerwant.jpg

armeniawant.jpg

slovenianwant.jpg

No. You're right. They're no Lena, any of them... <3 Though I do wish she'd stop trying to charge me for her song.
And yes, I know I need to get a life, it's no good you reminding me.

1 - Fish

2 - Amy Winehouse sans drugs

3 - Dwarf (5th fetish? ;) )

Well at least Jordan wont be able to pick holes in the choice of number 2, not that it wasn't very rich for her to be putting down your taste in women anyway mate :lol:

I missed the last night's semi as I was out, but Will has filled me in.

Saturday times I shall be predicting a UK second-from-last finish, with 1 point :p

ciallkennett said:
I missed the last night's semi as I was out, but Will has filled me in.

Saturday times I shall be predicting a UK second-from-last finish, with 1 point :p

Hehehe <3