What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
The worst one I’ve seen is Cedar Point, who for a lot of their rides require you to buy a locker, and for a ride like Steel Vengeance you need one for a bloody phone or about anything that isn’t your body..

Honestly tho Europa is proof that you can have bag holds and have better operations than a park like Cedar Point (which has good Op’s btw)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That doesn’t bother me too much, only reason I want a phone in the park is to take photos, so could just leave it in a locker for most of the day, and have an hour or so of photos.

Would make playing L.O.G difficult, without my log on apple notes, but I would figure something out.

But if there’s genuinely parks over there that don’t want you to carry anything in your pockets, and yet offer no storage, then that’s shocking!

cookie

Giga Poster
New details from the first episode of the construction documentary which launched today:

• The coaster was originally set to be built in the England area and run alongside the parade route, but there wasn't enough space for it. An early animation shows a mostly elevated track performing a few inversions over the canal next to the Globe Theatre.
  • The park has a "10-15 year plan" for the remaining space surrounding the Greece area after the coaster's been constructed, but it'll have to be built "very compactly."
  • The balloon ride that was removed to make way for the coaster will re-appear elsewhere in the park "at some point."

Further episodes are set to drop on a monthly(ish) schedule so more details should come over the summer.

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Foundations taking shape for parts of the station complex. Behind the dismantling of a former parade storage hall is almost finished for the mid section of the out and back layout.
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Source

Ethan

Strata Poster
New episode, featuring the two oddly attractive hosts, is now up on Veejoy.

Main points:
- It seems there will be a body of water as part of the Croatian area (resembling the sea I assume)
-They'll be a block zone every 30 seconds (as opposed to Matterhorn Blitz having one every 10 seconds)
-Seven block zones (4 trains on layout and the rest in station)
-Possible hint about that weird multi-directional tracked boat ride Mack offer, but probably just a joke
-I think they said the track was being manufactured in the next few months and will be erected in January? Might be wrong there

If you're not currently watching this series, I really do recommend it. It's actually rather funny and has lots of gags that seemed to be geared towards enthusiasts (RCT gags), and the editing/script are also very well done.

Last edited:

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
New episode, featuring the two oddly attractive hosts, is now up on Veejoy.

Main points:
- It seems there will be a body of water as part of the Croatian area (resembling the sea I assume)
-They'll be a block zone every 30 seconds (as opposed to Matterhorn Blitz having one every 10 seconds)
-Seven block zones (4 trains on layout and the rest in station)
-Possible hint about that weird multi-directional tracked boat ride Mack offer, but probably just a joke
-I think they said the track was being manufactured in the next few months and will be erected in January? Might be wrong there

If you're not currently watching this series, I really do recommend it. It's actually rather funny and has lots of gags that seemed to be geared towards enthusiasts (RCT gags), and the editing/script are also very well done.
They said the track manufacturing will start in January, and also because it’s only 30 mins away from the park, it won’t have to be shipped by boat and therefor the track pieces can be longer than the standard 12m.

Because of the close distance I guess they can manufacture as they go, so erecting may be on a similar time scale.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
There will be 142 track pieces which will take Mack 50 days to produce. Then the coaster will go vertical on site in January.

Michael Mack has previously said the Rocking Boat ride model will eventually come to EP too. So it wasn't just a joke. Perhaps the next major addition post Voltron Coaster? Am very intrigued to see that system in action.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Michael Mack has previously said the Rocking Boat ride model will eventually come to EP too. So it wasn't just a joke. Perhaps the next major addition post Voltron Coaster?
Or a supporting attraction in Croatia? Probably not enough space, although I just can't see it being used as a major addition unless they can make it very different to Batavia, my opinion anyway...

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Or a supporting attraction in Croatia? Probably not enough space, although I just can't see it being used as a major addition unless they can make it very different to Batavia, my opinion anyway...
To be honest, I think it was a missed opportunity when they rebuilt Pirates in Batavia without that technology. They could have kept the theming and overall feeling and still showcase that new product and turn an old attraction into a 21st-century classic!

Tulum

Mega Poster

I agree that the space seems to be small, but EP also said that they will work with bigger water surfaces in new area, so perhaps it is not completely ruled out that the attraction comes to Croatia.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I don’t think I’d look deeper into them riding the boat ride at the Mack factory to be honest. It’s been there for years, and is a more interesting thing to film that the interior of an office space, or factory floor. I think it’s more of a case of “well we’re here, let’s get the mariachi band onto it as a fun gag”.

Plus they then go on to make fun of it, saying that maybe they’ll sell one one day.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Important to keep in mind this is the first phase in a 10/15 plan to expand. From here over the Traumatica site to the main road around the park is the last physical space expansion the park can make. As mentioned in the first documentary episode it involves a lot of compact design and building on levels to maximise its potential (Phantasialand cheat codes unlocked). Hence why this coaster goes out and back in-between backstage buildings from the first small square of the area being built. More will follow.

Some kind of new story driven water ride with the system I'm sure could be different enough from Batavia, and given it is confirmed by Michael Mack to be coming I wouldn't be at all surprised if that comes in future to Croatia. On the busiest days the water rides are packed so another one would help capacity; and the Croatia backstory built up with the Adventure Club of Europe book features a boat trip in part of the 'under world' haunted by a Phantom injured by working on Teslas' apparatus (the coaster) - so possibly already well in the planning as a phase 2 family attraction beside the thrilling Voltron.
For comparison Iceland was built in phases from 2009 to 2012 with Blue Fire, Whale Adventures and Wodan.

However that's the potential future. For now intrigued to see what they do with this weird thing. Hope despite the seemingly late January start for track going up theming and opening for summer* isn't impacted.
*not that anything beyond 2023 has been said but you'd assume they hope to make peak season.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I always assumed Europa had tons of land to expand and keep growing. They grew so much in the last 20 years or so with expansive lands and coasters that now it's hard picturing them piling attractions like Phantasialand.

Really intrigued by this whole project!

Ethan

Strata Poster
I always assumed Europa had tons of land to expand and keep growing. They grew so much in the last 20 years or so with expansive lands and coasters that now it's hard picturing them piling attractions like Phantasialand.

Really intrigued by this whole project!
I could be completely wrong, and I'm sure a certain CF member will correct me, but I swear they own more land down the road around the Rulantica site? I saw a map once on a German forum, I'll see if I can find it. And I don't just mean the immediate surroundings of Rulantica, which they've already said they'll be expanding, I think it went way further than that.

Edit:
europa-park-expansion-1.jpg

So I have no idea of the source of this diagram, but I imagine the red outline is supposedly land that they own/want to own, perhaps? If that's the case, the top section is where Rulantica+expansions are, so surely that would leave the huge section to the south-east available? Who knows. Would love to see a third gate and the Rulantica area to become a sort of dining/entertainment hub in the middle, I can dream!

So to sum up, I too have no idea what land they own, and my entire post is potentially a load of crap :)

Last edited:

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
Not sure if this has already been talked about, but the name of the building documentary is Ohm - The Construction Documentary. Couldn't that be a reference to the name of this coaster? I don't really see them calling it Voltron Coaster tbh, doesn't sound that great if I'm honest... Ohm would be a perfect fit with the rumoured Nikola Tesla theme, curious to your thoughts on this?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Not sure if this has already been talked about, but the name of the building documentary is Ohm - The Construction Documentary. Couldn't that be a reference to the name of this coaster? I don't really see them calling it Voltron Coaster tbh, doesn't sound that great if I'm honest... Ohm would be a perfect fit with the rumoured Nikola Tesla theme, curious to your thoughts on this?
I reckon they'd get a lot of resistance on that name.

;)