What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

w8erbahn

Roller Poster
^
Was not expecting for that launch to go beyond vertical!
There’s actually a reason for that. In the documentary they explained it’s because you need more power to get a train up 90 degrees while on the other hand beyond vertical is for the launch the same as for example 70 or 80 degrees but upside down. This doesn’t matter for the launch as long as it’s not straight up 90.

catsounds

Mega Poster
There’s actually a reason for that. In the documentary they explained it’s because you need more power to get a train up 90 degrees while on the other hand beyond vertical is for the launch the same as for example 70 or 80 degrees but upside down. This doesn’t matter for the launch as long as it’s not straight up 90.
would it be because vertical the magnets carry the whole weight of the train and need to have the power to lift it where as less than / over vertical puts some of the weight on the track and less on the power of the LSM?

(I have no idea how this stuff works btw I would just love to know how it does)

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I don't suspect ^that's a hot take at all. IMO, Europa Park (similar to Kings Island, oddly enough) has a deep lineup, but they don't really have THE coaster there. Wodan, Silver Star, Blue Fire are all good rides, but I consider them all 7/10's basically. Voltron should definitely fill that role as the clear #1 in the park.

I still have reservations as to just how good Voltron will be, but in my rankings at least, it should have enough juice to be the best there.

w8erbahn

Roller Poster
would it be because vertical the magnets carry the whole weight of the train and need to have the power to lift it where as less than / over vertical puts some of the weight on the track and less on the power of the LSM?

(I have no idea how this stuff works btw I would just love to know how it does)
Yes, thats basically the reason. Any less than vertical requires less power to launch the cars.

Ries

Mega Poster
The first launch is weird.
Not a fan at first sight, but I am very curious. Can't wait to go the EP again when this opens..

jasone

Roller Poster
This is definitely going to be their best coaster, and I cannot wait to ride it.

100% and its exactly what Europa need. It's a lovely park but they've been lacking that stand out for me. I'll definitely be visiting as soon as this opens, it's my most anticipated in Europe at the moment, even above BGCE and Toutatis.

bratcurry

Mega Poster
They have a new blog post up detailing every one of the 7 inversions:

Inverted Top Hat

01_Inverted-Top-Hat-1024x576.jpg

Even if it looks a bit like that: When launching from the station, the 105° Launch does not go into a loop, because that would be round or oval. Instead, an inverted top hat awaits. The car climbs (more than) vertically, stands overhead, and then drops vertically.

Descending Roll

02-edited-scaled.jpg

Past the Tesla Tower our coaster rushes into a downward roll. The car initially travels in an ascending direction and then turns at the highest point to finish the roll in a steep descent.

Immelmann

03-edited-scaled.jpg

The Immelmann is a classic roller coaster element, named after the German aviation pioneer Max Immelmann. First comes a half loop upwards, followed by a half roll.

Inverted Stall

05-1024x576.jpg

The Inverted Stall is a very special element. At a height of 32 meters, passengers are overhead for a proud 2.2 seconds and experience a unique feeling of weightlessness.

Dive Loop

06-1024x576.jpg

The Dive Loop of the new coaster is also affectionately known as the "washing drum" - because the passengers are whirled through properly. The element is a reverse Immelmann, so first comes a half roll, then a half loop down.

Falling Roll

09-1024x576.jpg
You feel almost weightless in the first part of this inversion as you are gently turned upside down. But suddenly the load increases and the passengers are pressed forcefully into the seat as the car drops straight into a tight steep curve.

Corkscrew

09-1-1024x576.jpg
The Corkscrew, in German "Korkenzieher" is a vertical screw. The car rotates once around its own axis, crossing two other rails at once.

Translated with DeepL, here's the full German post.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This looks fantastic.

But I still think Silver Star and Wodan are going to be the best coasters in the park. :p

Will be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong though!

catsounds

Mega Poster
They put the sponsor... in the name of the ride? Not just a subtitle, that wasn't good enough?

Oh dear Europa...
I actually think it was tastefully done as i can't imagine anyone (unless looking specifically) will notice anything in the name aside from Voltron

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
They put the sponsor... in the name of the ride? Not just a subtitle, that wasn't good enough?

Oh dear Europa...
Silver Star...
Blue Fire Megacoaster powerered by Nord Stream 2

Now compare this to Voltron, its been tastefully done & I don't think many will care/notice really