What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

Ethan

Strata Poster
So I'm gonna take a punt and say to the left of where the image ends is the top hat and dive loop into the brakes before the turntable? And maybe the turntable will take place beneath the Wardenclyffe Tower replica?

Matt N

CF Legend
Wow; that’ll be an impressive theming piece!

On a side note, this will be in a very nice location within Europa if it’s located where I think it is (somewhere between Russia and Greece?). When I’m walking between Wodan and Silver Star at the end of the day, this will fit almost perfectly in between those rides, which will make it a nice way to break up that walk!

Rupert

Mega Poster
I’m sure it’s been said before but Europa Park really needs this. I love the park but it needs something to elevate its coaster lineup from pretty good to really memorable - an interesting, unique coaster with multiple launches, outdoor-indoor transitions, track switches, a storyline etc will really help. It’s the nature of building prototypes in the home park but it feels Mack build all their best rides elsewhere - they’ve built some really epic coasters in recent years that it feels like Europa has been a bit left behind. Looking forward to seeing it (and the surrounding area) develop.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
FYqwT5rX0AEcMA6

slightly expanded drawing which shows just how ridiculous this thing is.

Sandman

Giga Poster
It definitely looks interesting.

I know EP will blow it out of the water when it comes to the theming and overall aesthetic, although I must admit that I'm still not expecting this to really push the envelope and become the signature coaster at the park.

Markiewong

Roller Poster
I forgot if this was already known information, but according to Looopings the permit mentions a height of 28 meters and 1600 meters of track.

bratcurry

Mega Poster
Latest episode of the construction is now up on Veejoy! Seems part of the coaster will travel over the new lake.
They also confirmed (only half-jokingly) that the new Model is called Bigger Dipper. Also noteworthy:

- the first anchor baskets were delivered and will be set up in the aforementioned lake
- no chain lift (only launches)
- While Blue Fire has 96 stators, Voltron will have about 300 stators

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Wasn't this coaster only meant to have the launched vertical/inverting lift hill then the swing launch mid-ride? 300 stators seems like a lot in comparison to BF considering this will be a slower coaster.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I have no idea to be honest, I haven’t looked at the layout close enough. The reason I say it is because they were very “wink wink nudge nudge” when they emphasised the whole “three times the amount of blue fire”

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Work has finally begun clearing the former staff car park by the roundabout at the other end of the coaster layout. This will be home to the maintenance building, Wardenclyffe Tower, turntable and swing launch - as seen in the concept art of this area released recently.
1660505841-306614-8e637f97-81f6-4414-bfe1-7626de7dcea5.jpg

1660505879-467395-afd3eba1-2b87-4131-af64-a482ace2a230.jpg

The massive station building/complex continues to grow.