What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

Sandman

Giga Poster
Somewhat exactly my thought. Though in my imagination I added in some flexibility like with the glass that turns from transparent to milky when a current is applied. And I don't know how far technology is but it'd be really cool to have the option to run it visible and like an outdoor coaster if you wanted to. But that's just dreaming...

Maybe some sort of smart screen/glass? They could do some sort of spooky screen projections for halloween, and a giant snowglobe at Christmas (get some snow machines blasting off inside).

Dar

Hyper Poster
Do we have any idea when they're planning on opening this up? The in-laws want to do a trip to "that theme park we stayed near last time that tortured you for 3 days while we went to black forest instead" next year. Going for a week, so it'd be shame to miss this thing!

cookie

Giga Poster
That looks more like art for the supposed tie-in media that was posted in this thread a while back and not of the ride itself, but it does suggest the "Tesla coil" theme will be the direction they're going with.

richardcrete

Mega Poster
Some eagle-eyed enthusiast caught what's potentially the first glimpse of artwork on one of the park's new episodes, now live on their recent VeeJOY streaming service. Nothing coaster-related to be seen, looks to be the interior of a building.
I watched the episode on Veejoy. The picture is a small animation, which comes from the last ACE book about Croatia and Nikola Tesla. Just after, a short part of Dynamite (Frezeitpark Plonh) onride is shown.

1644544164217.png
1644544152788.png

The transition between these two "clues" is made of a launch LSM sound (this is what I heard lol) - which was confirmed last summer at Rust council - and a face, which is the character that can be seen in the top left corner of the book cover:

1644544205332.png

1644544217039.png

Ethan

Strata Poster
Obviously don't want to start up a political discussion, but I was just thinking and wanted to see what others thought and I didn't want to make a new topic. As we all know, Bluefire is currently sponsored by Nord Stream 2. Do we think that might be quickly terminated due to the current situation in Europe and the chancellor's most recent announcement about NS2? I do wonder...

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The Gazprom (being a company founded and majority owned by the Russian Government) partnership has always been questionable and come under some criticism. 2020’s move to rebrand the hall at Blue Fire to promote their Nord Stream 2 project was a clear propaganda move/trying to present a positive image to the public given it has always been a controversial one for a multitude of reasons.
And now of course we have the current situation calling it into question more than ever before.

The park have said on Twitter discussions will take place with NS2 but ultimately they wish to not get involved with politics.

However in comparison to a car manufacturer, jeans company or airline this partnership has always had a political edge to it which now is coming to haunt them.
Will be interesting to see can they get out of their contract and what then happens.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Interesting, I wasn't aware it had been mentioned by them yet so good to know! Interesting they're taking the "we don't want to talk politics" route after signing a deal that screams politics, but I get they have to save face right now.

Hopefully they can find a nice, unproblematic armchair brand or the like as a replacement, if it comes to that.

cookie

Giga Poster
Honestly, I hope they ditch the sponsorship. It was already dodgy before, and it looks even dodgier now. If they really need a sponsor, surely some company/brand with actual ties to Iceland (and less politically questionable) could be approached and make it at least more cohesive with the ride’s setting?

Last edited:

UP87

Mega Poster
This is really stupid. You can't separate business and politics. With any company. Especially not with a company that has a really tight connection to a state. The connection always was there. They just closed both eyes and didn't want to see it. And they didn't want to listen to many people complaining about the deal when it was announced. This is just so stupid and annoying that I'd be somewhat happy if the park would get some kind of harmful backlash from this.

But well... Iceland doesn't have anything to do with gas to begin with. So "blue fire Megacoaster powered by Gazprom" is a total misfit anyway.

SimonProD

Mega Poster
If you are worried - like I am - write them on Twitter/Facebook/etc. Be polite and let them know. I guess if enough fans write them it will at least make them think.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Perhaps a boring response, but it will be worth keeping in mind there will (presumably) be contracts in place about the sponsorship. Depending on what the exit clause is (if it even exists), might mean the park's hands are tied as to whether they can even drop the sponsorship.

I'm sure there's something that can be done, and hopefully a reasonable and satisfying conclusion can be met for everyone.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Mentions of Blue Fire’s sponsorship have been removed from the park website today.

IMG_4719.png

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Perhaps a boring response, but it will be worth keeping in mind there will (presumably) be contracts in place about the sponsorship. Depending on what the exit clause is (if it even exists), might mean the park's hands are tied as to whether they can even drop the sponsorship.

I'm sure there's something that can be done, and hopefully a reasonable and satisfying conclusion can be met for everyone.

I would assume that the park is holding out for official sanctions that would allow them to terminate the sponsorship by voiding the contract, rather than Europa Park breaching it unilaterally. Not quite related, but exactly this is happening right now with the FIA and the Formula 1 Russian GP.

UP87

Mega Poster
Screenshot from 2022-02-24 13-27-32.png
It's still on the park map. The propaganda place, as well.
Looks like they just quickly removed it from the details page. But it's a good first step and I guess everything else will follow.
Propaganda place is now blue fire Dome on the details page ;)

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Out of interest, why is it that they went with a Russian gas company in the first place? With BF being in Iceland, surely an Icelandic gas company would have been more fitting?

I guess Gazprom could have offered a very compelling business proposition to Europa at the time…