What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Michael Mack confirms EP's 2023 BigDipper will have a length of 1,600m. It will be for the same target audience as Blue Fire.

The likelihood of it being actually two coasters duelling seems only to increase. Both coasters with 800m?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Michael Mack apparently had an interview regarding Europa's new BigDipper last week and we now have an approximate length - 1,600 meters (5,249 ft for those not fluent in metric). In terms of the existing BigDippers, Lost Gravity and Dynamite measure at 2,231' and 1,640', respectively.

This would make it one of the longest coasters in Europe, behind only Silver Star, Big One, and The Ultimate. Reminder that they plan to achieve this with a lower peak height than Blue Fire (125' tall), so we're definitely gonna be seeing more than one launch to keep this thing in motion.

Source; https://www.telezueri.ch/sommertalk...rueder-aus-der-europa-park-dynastie-142623815

Last edited:

Intamin Forever

Mega Poster
Michael Mack apparently had an interview regarding Europa's new BigDipper last month and we now have an approximate length - 1,600 meters (5,249 ft for those not fluent in metric). In terms of the existing BigDippers, Lost Gravity and Dynamite measure at 2,231' and 1,640', respectively.

This would make it one of the longest coasters in Europe, behind only Silver Star, Big One, and The Ultimate. Reminder that they plan to achieve this with a lower peak height than Blue Fire (125' tall), so we're definitely gonna be seeing more than one launch to keep this thing in motion.

Source; https://www.telezueri.ch/sommertalk...rueder-aus-der-europa-park-dynastie-142623815
Its most likely going to be a duelling coaster mainly because it is going to match the capacity of Silver Star so obviously it will need to run A LOT of trains.

Markiewong

Roller Poster
It doesn’t have to be a dueling coaster, Hagrids matches those stats aswell. Similar length and capacity, but that is assuming they will make a long big dipper train.

Intamin Forever

Mega Poster
It doesn’t have to be a dueling coaster, Hagrids matches those stats aswell. Similar length and capacity, but that is assuming they will make a long big dipper train.
A longer train on a BigDipper defeats the object of the coaster. Mack designed it to have small trains and to be versatile.

Markiewong

Roller Poster
A longer train on a BigDipper defeats the object of the coaster. Mack designed it to have small trains and to be versatile.
A big dipper car sits 8, chain two of them together (similar to how Maurer did it with Rip Ride Rockit) and you get two additional seats more than Hagrid's his trains. As long as you make the distance between the two trains big enough you can still make the tight curves and drops.

cookie

Giga Poster
This one I believe: Patent

Edit, I wasn't finished xenforo!
47h19gW.png

7L3Llr0.png

YGCewWX.png
Looking at this again, would the Big Dipper cars even be safely able to maneuver this element? Clearance already looks tight for normal Mack trains, and the BD variants are both taller and twice as wide. Sounds like it could be ripe for issues.

I don’t know, I feel less and less convinced of this being a dueling coaster and more of it being one long single track layout.

Last edited:

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
I don’t know, I feel less and less convinced of this being a dueling coaster and more of it being one long single track layout.
Pipe dream here, but what if we can get a WCR/TwiCy style attraction here, a Möbius Loop coaster? I'm all for it.

Markiewong

Roller Poster
Why does it need longer trains? Just have lots of blocks?
Because you need a lot of blocks then. Hagrid's has 8 of them. If you want a similar capacity (1600) on a similar track length (1500m), with a capacity half of it you need approx double the blocks. If we are staying with the current big dipper trains I see two tracks of 800m (dueling or mobius) as a more viable option.

As comparison. Lost Gravity is 680m and has a capacity of 800p/h. Building two next to each other would fit the stats.

Gazza

Giga Poster
But hagrid's isn't a valid comparison because the dispatch interval will be shorter and because this would theoretically clear blocks faster.

1600 per hr is a car every 18 seconds, which could be possible with a split station.

UP87

Mega Poster
1600 per hr is a car every 18 seconds, which could be possible with a split station.
Not even required. You could load 2 trains and dispatch those at the same time. But one waits in a block directly after the station / before the ride really begins. Like it is done with Poseidon or Matterhorn Blitz.

Peet

Giga Poster
Not even required. You could load 2 trains and dispatch those at the same time. But one waits in a block directly after the station / before the ride really begins. Like it is done with Poseidon or Matterhorn Blitz.
I always wonder why this isn't more popular - it works great on Saw and Oblivion too but very few coasters seem to do it, even the other Merlin B&M dives don't have it, and have pretty poor throughputs as a result.