What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
So more on that theory few posts above that the Apparatus OHM and Transferator OHM trademarks relate to the new ACE Book and that the book is dealing with the backstory of the new themed area and coasters. The book cover has been revealed confirming the link - on the left edge there is another depiction of the "apparatus built by Telsa" and it has the OHM symbol on it like the trademarked logos.
51Ejp-AvjML._AC_SY580_.jpg

So if the trademarks related to the book are future attractions I think it seems fairly certain that Croatia is the next new area and presumably the duelling coasters rumours are accurate with those dual names.
Croatia, an underworld with a monster, old experiments by Nikola Telsa. Shaping up to be an interesting backstory for sure.

Excursion to Zagreb with the quirky geography teacher McFinnegan - what initially looks like a normal day at the flying school will soon become the next big adventure for the ACE scouts. The four set off on the trail of an enigmatic phantom that is said to live in the catacombs under the Zagreb theater. When you enter the underworld through a mirror, you not only come across a legendary device by the ingenious inventor Nicola Tesla, but also a hundred-year-old monster ...

Last edited:

Ries

Mega Poster
Curious to see what this will bring. Still in need of a visit after opening of Batavia.
They have to come up with something really good, with all the nice things that opened or opening 'near'-by.

ricky coasters

Roller Poster
Michael Mack has confirmed via an interview on Europa-Park Radio that a new themed area and major rollercoaster are to be added sometime after 2019. The area is set to be located behind Greece in a new themed area. Scotland, Croatia and Poland are just some of the countries said to be in the running.
It was previously said there wouldn't be a new coaster until after 2019 as Mack are fully booked until then - so this new coaster will be from Mack Rides.

In other Europa news
They hope to install more timed tickets (Fast track) like those used at Voletarium and single-rider queues were space allows it.
- VR Pegasus will be abolished at the end of the season
- Eurosat conversion should not fundamentally change the feeling. There will be a new queue with similar layout.
- The Universe of Energy dark ride is to be redesigned and renewed.

EuropaStreet
TowersStreet
I hope Croatia gets chosen as the country for this area. It would be awesome if da land was themed to the Croatian city of Dubrovnik and the coaster, along with the rumored Zamperla Giant Discovery and Windshear, could be surrounded by theming of Croatian villas

When i think about the whole Europa Park Expansion, i can see a Big Dipper and and Extreme Spinning Coaster duelling together
I think the ride is rumored to be a dueling ride
Also I've heard buzz about 2 Zamperla flats, the suspended Windshear and the Giant Discovery being added into the park soon

Ireeb

Mega Poster
When i think about the whole Europa Park Expansion, i can see a Big Dipper and and Extreme Spinning Coaster duelling together
Even if they build two coasters, I'm not sure if a big dipper has the capacity Europa-Park is looking for. But didn't they show some concept of a compact coaster with 4-Across-Seating and more than 2 rows before? I would actually love to see something Infinity-Coaster-Like.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Even if they build two coasters, I'm not sure if a big dipper has the capacity Europa-Park is looking for. But didn't they show some concept of a compact coaster with 4-Across-Seating and more than 2 rows before? I would actually love to see something Infinity-Coaster-Like.
A duelling Big Dipper would have a decent enough throughput. I mean bear in mind they have Matterhorn Blitz and and Poseidon, which have a small rider number per vehicle. Lost Gravity can hit 800pph with 4 cars and separate load/offload platforms, so two of them would be capable of 1,600pph which is ample plenty for Europa.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
A duelling Big Dipper would have a decent enough throughput. I mean bear in mind they have Matterhorn Blitz and and Poseidon, which have a small rider number per vehicle. Lost Gravity can hit 800pph with 4 cars and separate load/offload platforms, so two of them would be capable of 1,600pph which is ample plenty for Europa.
Both of the rides you named are 20+ years old. Building two coasters that together just reach the capacity of Eurosat alone doesn't sound like something they would do nowadays, knowing that the rides would most likely attract even more people. I would also not just look at already existing ride types, it could be very well be a new model by Mack Rides. After how great the new ride(s) are going to be according to Michael Mack, just slapping two already existing coaster models there doesn't seem adequate to me. I feel like he wants to show what else Mack Rides can do. I'd bet it'll have some kind of novelty.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Both of the rides you named are 20+ years old. Building two coasters that together just reach the capacity of Eurosat alone doesn't sound like something they would do nowadays, knowing that the rides would most likely attract even more people.
Yeah that means nothing. Wodan only has a throughput of 1,200pph and that ride will only be 10 years old next year. The park doesn't need capacity quite on the level of Disney, but they could do with something over 1,500pph, which a duelling Big Dipper could easily achieve as I've stated. I don't disagree that it could be an entirely new product though, but I believe Europa could be after some kind of duelling coaster, possibly a toned-down version of what Epic Universe are gonna be building.

Ries

Mega Poster
Havent read the whole topic, sorry if this was discussed! But I was thinking:

What if Mack brings back those single rail coasters they build. But in a 202X style.

I mean, now Intamin is following RMC and Mack placed pictures of that single rail recently on their Instagram.
This could be an option. New coaster type to be displayed in their own park. 2023 sounds a bit late though.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
I would think maybe their version of an infinity coaster would be good or big dipper 0.2 - Creating their versions of a 'mystery mine' type coaster - perhaps even with drop track sections or other tricks Mack haven't tried before!.....some sort of hybrid between an infinity and a multi-dimensional coaster!

MACK have also never really tried a suspended/inverted model beyond Arthur - which is a very different type of ride any way - and as suspended/Inverted coasters have stood the test of time in popularity - and with the new influx of Vekoma suspended models about..... maybe they'll try that next - which would also compliment their line up!.... duelling suspended?

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I would think maybe their version of an infinity coaster would be good or big dipper 0.2 - Creating their versions of a 'mystery mine' type coaster - perhaps even with drop track sections or other tricks Mack haven't tried before!.....some sort of hybrid between an infinity and a multi-dimensional coaster!

MACK have also never really tried a suspended/inverted model beyond Arthur - which is a very different type of ride any way - and as suspended/Inverted coasters have stood the test of time in popularity - and with the new influx of Vekoma suspended models about..... maybe they'll try that next - which would also compliment their line up!.... duelling suspended?
That's what I have secretly been hoping for for quite a while. An inverted coaster or flying coaster by Mack would be cool to see. While I think a flying coaster would be great at Europa-Park, I doubt they want to look like they're running behind Phantasialand. But a classic invert could be a good addition to Mack Ride's portfolio. Maybe a wing coaster could be another option?

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Mack take on Intamin's Duelling Dragons. A first for Mack Inverted coaster duelling with a sit down coaster but with these hybrid trains/spinning last row tested last year. Would fulfill the mix of coaster types Michael Mack teased it would be back in 2018.
If they'd actually build an inverted coaster, combining it with an Xtreme-Spinning coaster (Hybrid or not) would be ingenious and would be great marketing material for both Europa-Park as well as Mack Rides 😁

Havent read the whole topic, sorry if this was discussed! But I was thinking:

What if Mack brings back those single rail coasters they build. But in a 202X style.

I mean, now Intamin is following RMC and Mack placed pictures of that single rail recently on their Instagram.
This could be an option. New coaster type to be displayed in their own park. 2023 sounds a bit late though.
That would be a real suprise. But I'm not sure if that coaster type would make as much sense for Mack Rides as it does for RMC. I'm still not sure how I rate Intamins single rail idea. For RMC it kinda makes sense because basically all of their tracks are box-shaped, but for a manufacturer like Mack or Intamin which are already using tubular track for all their rides anyway, I don't really see the point in going for another track style if it doesn't enable things they couldn't do with their existing track styles.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Single rail would be quite pointless. Rows of 1 seat would be woeful for capacity. They want a real capacity machine I imagine.
A proper Xtreme Spinner I can't see given it being directly beside Euromir (which will get its refurb directly after this project) however the spinning last row could be a unique marketing point and upcharge thing like VR or DC Rivals' backwards last row for capacity control.

ricky coasters

Roller Poster
My view is that they will probably get a dueling Xtreme spinner... they got a sitdown multi launch with Blue Fire, so add a twist, make it spin, add a dueling side, and voila. A ride the whole family can enjoy. Maybe they could add a spinner and a Big Dipper but thats uncertain... the capacity on Dippers isn't good.
Also, what flat rides do ya'll see being added for this expansion? I can see a Zamperla Air Race or a Windshear, but seen as Zamperla just got into some controversy that could change

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Also, what flat rides do ya'll see being added for this expansion? I can see a Zamperla Air Race or a Windshear, but seen as Zamperla just got into some controversy [so] that could change
If you're referring to Harley Quinn, think again. Zamperla's been a reliable and extremely accessible manufacturer for a very long time, this kind of thing wouldn't deter an interested park like Europa. Not that I think that they've been talking to Zamperla, because we don't know anything yet about such.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
A swiss news magazine published this video with speculations of the new coaster type.
They talked about the extreme spinner, a Blue-Fire-Based coaster and the big dipper.

Patrick Marx from Europa-Park commented this video with:
If you want to know what's going to be built next at #Europapark as well:
Watch this video, then you'll know the media doesn't know either
#vowofsilence #SomethingWithWorldsFirstOrSo #ILoveBaaaExpress

I really don't think they'll just build an existing coaster model. I think it is very likely it'll be a new model from Mack, or a heavily modified model.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Xtreme Spinner would not fit the new kind of ride, mix of models Michael Mack teased. Plus directly next door to Euromir which is due to be renovated once this opens would potentially cause quite some confusion among normal guests.

I'm sticking with my prediction few posts above.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I feel like those are too funfair-ish for Europa-Park. Usually, when they build flat rides, it's kiddie rides. I can't really imagine them building a flat ride as intense (and as nauseating to many) as a topspin or comparable rides.