What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

Tulum

Mega Poster
It really makes me wonder what will happen to the TV Studio of "Immer wieder Sonntags" (a music show for German folk music), it is directly next to the two closing attractions. It is very likely that the studio occupies space needed for the new coaster.

Trax

Hyper Poster
I think the set can be moved if necessary, it does not appear to be a complex setup.
However, they still have the huge satelite dish next to the location, which does not appear to be removed. And if they decide to keep it, the set shouldn't be in the way of a new coaster.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The satellite dish will be removed soon in the off season too. As will the show venue - there’s no where else free beside the coaster for the themed area to be built.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Would give weight to the rumours the ride's new theme will be Sisi - the nickname for Empress Elizabeth of Austria; popularised by a trilogy of successful German language films in the 50s. A new film and a Netflix mini series about her are also due to come out this year.

EDIT: never mind rumour - basically confirmed I'd say. There's also a crown and portrait of Sisi hidden in that video.
IMG_4138.png

IMG_7780.png

Last edited:

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Would give weight to the rumours the ride's new theme will be Sisi - the nickname for Empress Elizabeth of Austria; popularised by a trilogy of successful German language films in the 50s. A new film and a Netflix mini series about her are also due to come out this year.

EDIT: never mind rumour - basically confirmed I'd say. There's also a crown and portrait of Sisi hidden in that video.
IMG_4138.png

IMG_7780.png
Love the fact they've hinted whats coming next, hate when parks keep things unnecessarily secret, hopefully hear more about the coasters soon

Ethan

Strata Poster
I never rode this on my visit as quite frankly, it looked dull, but I'm very glad it's getting a retheme. To be honest, I wish they'd give the entire Austria area a bit of love, because Austria and the fairytale village sections are the only parts of the park that feel super tired.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Nevermind work for the 2023 coaster and the Adventure Land retheme beginning - EP are also busy this off season with a couple other older attractions.

Poseidon is seeing a partial retrack with modifications requested by the Tüv (health and safety authority). Allegedly the opportunity to redo the drop will also be taken.
IMG_3480.jpg

A crane has also been set up at Eurosat for work to renew the old silver ball, which minus the top parts removed for the CanCan retrack, was left untouched until now.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Nevermind work for the 2023 coaster and the Adventure Land retheme beginning - EP are also busy this off season with a couple other older attractions.

Poseidon is seeing a partial retrack with modifications requested by the Tüv (health and safety authority). Allegedly the opportunity to redo the drop will also be taken.
IMG_3480.jpg

A crane has also been set up at Eurosat for work to renew the old silver ball, which minus the top parts removed for the CanCan retrack, was left untouched until now.
So a new retracked Posieden & Renewing the 'Epcot' Ball. I'm impressed! I hope we do see the new track found on Krampus Expédition, might make the ride a tad more enjoyable as for the 'Epcot' Ball any idea if there replacing the panels or touching them up?

EDIT: Wonder if they'll sell this track like Mandy has

Peet

Giga Poster
Nice, Poseidon could and should be a great ride, but it's ruined by the roughness and profiling, so this sounds like a great thing to be doing.