What's new

Europa Park | Eatrenalin | Mack Rides Trackless Gastro-Experience | 2022

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
After Foodloop a few years ago Europa Park is working on a new world's first restaurant concept. Called 'Eatrenalin' it will be directly beside the resort Hotel Kronasar (opposite the Rulantica water park) and the VR midway attraction YULLBE.

It is set to "combine gastronomic performance with mutli-sensory attractions to create a top-class experience. In this restaurant, media technology, ride systems, culinary delights and creative content will come together in an unprecedented form to create a first class experience that takes you on an extraordinary journey for all your senses."

Thomas Mack says the aim is to reinvent gastronomy and touch the guests emotionally. It is time we took visitors on a futuristic journey into different worlds of pleasure, appealing to all their senses and astonishing them". It was developed together with Oliver Altherr, CEO of Marche International.

The concept will bring together: transport systems from Mack Rides, virtual media from Mack Animation and Mack NeXT as well as the gastronomic expertise of the two-star chef Peter Hagen-Wiest.

Opening is planned for Autumn 2021.

Press Release Source

Sounds interesting... but haven't the faintest idea what it will be like. haha

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Eatrenalin? Has Mr Mack been watching too many trump press conferences? I think that may be taking sanitisation too far, even during a pandemic, I strongly advise that nobody eats Renalin!!!

That is a shockingly bad name. Putting aside the apparent support for Trumps policy of suggesting we all drink bleach... It’s clearly a play on the words eat and adrenaline, but how do you pronounce it? Eat-Renaline or E-Atrenaline... Sounds crap either way.

Interested to see what the concept itself is though, Looks exciting :)

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
So the secret is out... trackless dark ride meets restaurant.

On November 21, 2020, an announcement was made via a post from an Instagram account called Eatrenalin. This introduced this mysterious project with a video presentation. Now it's time to learn more about the future of foodservice that will land in Rust in summer 2021. 
[IMG]

Feel, listen, see, smell, taste.
This is what Eatrenalin promises, the new restaurant concept imagined by the Mack family. This new restaurant calls on several branches of the Mack family such as: Mack Rides, Mack Animation and MackNext. Thomas Mack, promises a unique concept in the world that will combine dark riding, projections and of course, food.

[IMG]

Roland Mack's second son collaborates with two-star chef Peter Hagen-Wiest for the development of the gastronomic part. Arrived in the entrance hall, the guests take their seats in chairs that will move from room to room using an innovative movement system created by the firm Mack Rides. Several universes will be presented such as an Asian market, a tropical forest, a circus or even totally imaginary places, all accompanied by an artificial intelligence that will guide and help the guests throughout the experience.
[IMG]

"The trip is not based on international cuisine or exotic places, but rather on a taste experience that unfolds according to the various situations and atmospheres."
Norman Hermann, project manager
[IMG]

This restaurant is the result of a collaboration between the Macks and Oliver Altherr, CEO of Marché International, which has 170 restaurants in Europe and Asia. The idea behind this concept is a response to the evolving demand of the event and catering industry. Even if similar projects have seen the light of day in Shanghai, Ibiza and soon in the EPCOT park of the Walt Disney World complex, Eatrenalin will stand out for its technological and innovative aspect.

"Eating is more and more linked to experiences"
Thomas mack
[IMG]

The restaurant promises to teleport diners to places accessible only in dreams. The experience will adapt according to the seasons and locations. Indeed, the Macks don't plan to stop at Rust alone, they plan to implement franchises around the globe. Currently two Eatrenalin branded restaurant projects are under development in New York and Tokyo.
Source:

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Wait.. I have so many questions about this.

Is it like a really long slow dark ride?
Will I have to time my eating to the duration of the ride?
What happens if I get back to the station not having finished my food??
Do I have to sit there awkwardly wolfing it down? Is it an individual dining experience?
What happens if I take a date there and suddeny we're eating alone on a moving podium?
Will it move you round other people like speed dating?
What happens if I need to wee whilst having my dinner?
Can I get up and go to the toilet?
Will my podium still be where I left it or will I have to walk along the track to find it again?
The woman in that last picture looks kinda sad and alone sitting there surrounded by shrubbery??
Has she been shunned to the corner for some reason?
Where is her food?
If I accidentally spill my drink will it break the ride?
Is that what the sad woman surrounded by shrubbery did?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Thomas Mack has stated Eatrenalin won't open for the originally intended Autumn 2021 timeframe due to the continuing pandemic situation. Instead it will be 2022 now.

He also teased one of the "scenes/experiences" will transport guests to a street food market in Shanghai thanks to, among other things, the food, themed environment and temperature. Such a scene has already been shown in one of the concept images in the announcement post above.

Some new patents were also filed recently for the trackless vehicles (how they move, can arrange themselves for different table set ups) and a robot arm from the ceiling system for serving guests.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Update on one of the weirdest theme park projects out there currently - Eatrenalin - Europa Park's new gastronomy experience where fine dining meets trackless dark ride. This will be a standalone resort offering beside Hotel Kronasar and the water park Rulantica.

The odd futuristic building has taken shape.
index.php

Source: EPFriends.de user Sven

Concepts for the lobby and exclusive bar areas after 'the experience'.
eatrenalin-lobby.jpg

eatrenalin-bar-artwork.jpg

index.php

More details, teasers and the full menus on the new website:

• Set to launch this Autumn, will be open Thursday to Monday from 5:40pm onwards.
  • The price for the Eatrenalin experience includes the eight-course menu with a corresponding drink accompaniment, parking in the visitor car park and the cloakroom fee.
  • The guided experience lasts over 100 minutes. Afterwards you can enjoy a comfortable end to the evening in the bar. Our tip: In order to get attuned in the lounge and ending the evening in the bar, you might want to plan around three hours for your Eatrenalin visit.
  • With our Floating Chair, a patented new development from MACK Rides, you travel from room to room through the Eatrenalin experience. A floating experience for the whole senses. More information will be given when it officially opens.
The standard Eatrenalin experience will cost 195 euros per guest.

Last edited:

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Oh wow - THIS Autumn - thats flown up....again, Europa just keep ploughing ahead! This is bound to be pricy but won't not be able to check it out sounds so cool!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I really want to try this - but looked at the menu and it's primarily fish. No thanks.
Exactly my problem. I can't eat fish and tend avoid eating anything seafood related. It even creeps into the vegan menu, so can't even have that. I'd hope they will consider dietary restrictions though if you ask in advance.

Ps. Is Plankton considered vegan? It may be on the vegan menu but I wouldn't have thought it was.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Exactly my problem. I can't eat fish and tend avoid eating anything seafood related. It even creeps into the vegan menu, so can't even have that. I'd hope they will consider dietary restrictions though if you ask in advance.

Ps. Is Plankton considered vegan? It may be on the vegan menu but I wouldn't have thought it was.
There are two main types of plankton: phytoplankton, which are plants, and zooplankton, which are animals.

According to google…

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
There are two main types of plankton: phytoplankton, which are plants, and zooplankton, which are animals.

According to google…
So it depends which plankton they're using then.

I've eaten seaweed before and was fine afterwards so Phytoplankton should be ok, but zooplankton may not be. Still would rather not risk it and potentially ruin the whole experience