What's new

Europa park Adding 12th Coaster in 2014

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah this Suspended Powered coaster has been on the cards for a while now.

And I'm Loving the name, 'Arthur - The Ride' :lol:

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'm assuming that's going in the England bit if it's called Arthur. If so good. That area needed something of substance to it.

Powered suspended.....something like Clone Zone then haha XD

Edit: NOOO EUROPA NOT YOU TOO! It's based on a movie franchise.....FOR **** SAKE!

TilenB

Strata Poster
It will be located in new fairytale land. Mack has been offering Suspended powered coaster for a while now, but apparently they have to do the same with this concept as they did with the launched one. Looking forward to how it will look

bmac

Giga Poster
I thought Mack always showcases their concepts in Europa Park before other parks can have them built? Am I wrong?

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
From the rumours I've heard it's going to be quite similar to the crazy fairy ride in The Efteling. I think the name Arthur is from Arthur and the Invisibles? I've not seen the film, but from the looks of it, it'll fit perfectly in behind the Abentureland lake, with the other fairytale stuff.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
About time too, Europa have such a dearth of coasters ;)

Arthur (if it's Arthur and the Invisibles) could be pretty good. It's not a big franchise though is it? Film was middling at best, but isn't it part of a popular book franchise?

Dar

Hyper Poster
Apparently the series was much better received in Germany than here, so it kinda makes sense.

Ramius on TST linked to this plan
gel%C3%A4ndeplan2014-big.jpg

for the building and the outside section. I've got no idea where this is in relation to the rest of the park though! :p

Chris-Space.net also has some pictures of the test track MACK have built: http://www.chris-space.net/?incvar=bilder.php&path=news/2014/2012_08_24-teststrecke/

:--D

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
^ Ah yeah that's just where I thought it'd be. It's behind the Abentureland (European colonies in Africa) section of the park, next to Austria.

IMG_0009.jpg

it'll be put at the top right hand part of the map, you can see where the two parts of the river connect, much like in the plans. I love parks maps that are almost accurate <3

STC

Mega Poster
It's not going to be a coaster really, it's going to be a dark ride using a rollercoaster ride system. :)

bmac

Giga Poster
According to their concept art from IAAPA it looks like it can swing, too. Likely interchangeable depending on what the client wants but since the only thing we have are the trains, a possible layout, and a simple confirmation that this is being built you never know.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
bmac said:
According to their concept art from IAAPA it looks like it can swing, too. Likely interchangeable depending on what the client wants but since the only thing we have are the trains, a possible layout, and a simple confirmation that this is being built you never know.

Well, you have to decide when you order the ride if you want swinging or spinning vehicles for the ride, you can't get both.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Now your guests will lose ground with all the comfort and advantages of our classic powered coaster. Get a great ride as our suspended powered coaster comes as a long, non swinging train which you can even make spin. This allows you to get a great system for a dark ride coaster hybrid. Great for flying through turns!

it won't swing, surely...