What's new

Energylandia | Unknown | Vekoma Tilt Coaster | 2024

Trax

Hyper Poster
Keep in mind that a Tilt-Element kills quite a bit of speed. The train has to come to a full stop and depending on the rotation point, it’s potential energy might also be reduced when tilting.
And in addition, an intense coaster needs to be shorter, to be not too demanding for the guests. Let’s hope the 850m will mean that it will be intense.
However, I wouldn’t complain if Vekoma adds a few more elements. But a really intense coaster would still be nice, Lech needs some competition at Energylandia.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Keep in mind that a Tilt-Element kills quite a bit of speed. The train has to come to a full stop and depending on the rotation point, it’s potential energy might also be reduced when tilting.
And in addition, an intense coaster needs to be shorter, to be not too demanding for the guests. Let’s hope the 850m will mean that it will be intense.
However, I wouldn’t complain if Vekoma adds a few more elements. But a really intense coaster would still be nice, Lech needs some competition at Energylandia.
With a structure height ‘Not less than’ 147ft (45M) it will have plenty of momentum following a (near?) vertical drop.

It’s worth mentioning that the ride is also to have a ‘minimum speed’ of 53mph, and a minimum ride time excluding ‘entering and exiting’ (whatever that means) of 75 seconds.

You have to doubt they hit all of these ‘minimum’ requirements dead on… Something will go way beyond minimum spec right?

emoo

Hyper Poster
I'm excited for a tilt. The visual alone is neat and it fills out the upper tier ride list instead of more filler. Not that it needed to be another Vekoma as such but why not if they can do something different that stands out.

Always wanted to go to Taiwan to ride the original but not got round to it in its 20 years of operation so perhaps its not the biggest of draws. But that trip isn't as cost effective from the UK. Can easily bosh one out in a weekend instead of an epic.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
If it's really only 850m long, it's not cheap at all.
*laughs in Thorpe Park enthusiast, the park where the longest coaster is 850m long*

I think 850m is a perfectly acceptable length. It will be their 4th longest coaster, and depending on how the tilt mechanism actually works, will have a decent ride time that's slightly longer than a 'standard' 850m length coaster.

The cost is neither cheap nor expensive in my opinion. It's going on a flat surface, so no concerns with tricky groundworks (presumably). Taking into account the fact this is a prototype as well (and we don't know whether Energylandia approached Vekoma requesting the model, or the other way round), but also the strong relationship between Vekoma and Energylandia, it sounds like a pretty reasonable figure in my books.

pawel98123

Mega Poster
The cost is neither cheap nor expensive in my opinion. It's going on a flat surface, so no concerns with tricky groundworks (presumably). Taking into account the fact this is a prototype as well (and we don't know whether Energylandia approached Vekoma requesting the model, or the other way round), but also the strong relationship between Vekoma and Energylandia, it sounds like a pretty reasonable figure in my books.

You need to know that the price includes only the coaster element's, systems, instructions and supervising. The price of over 50mln PLN does not include groundworks or theming.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
With a twisted drop it sounds like it’ll be similar to what is planned for Six Flags Saudi Arabia.

axwOUyT.jpg

…. with that Energlandia-style theming, of course.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
With a twisted drop it sounds like it’ll be similar to what is planned for Six Flags Saudi Arabia.

axwOUyT.jpg

…. with that Energlandia-style theming, of course.
Despite the concept art showing what is clearly a twisted drop, my understanding is that the SFSA ride is a larger model than the EL one and will not feature a twisted drop but a more standard straight vertical drop. Which the leaked Vekoma video stills seem to agree with.

Of course as always with parks under construction and concept art it could all change before things open. But as far as I know the SFSA model doesn't feature that twist.

Rzx

Roller Poster
Despite the concept art showing what is clearly a twisted drop, my understanding is that the SFSA ride is a larger model than the EL one and will not feature a twisted drop but a more standard straight vertical drop. Which the leaked Vekoma video stills seem to agree with.

Of course as always with parks under construction and concept art it could all change before things open. But as far as I know the SFSA model doesn't feature that twist.
Where can I find the leaked video ?

pawel98123

Mega Poster
Theming will be probably be another pile of "cookie dough".

It will be far away from sweet valley. Few years ago I would say that it will be fire theming but I think Energylandia changed its master plan (starting with the dragon zone park was planning to be park of "element's", like water, fire etc.) ... So we know nothing about theming.

Christian

Hyper Poster
It will be far away from sweet valley. Few years ago I would say that it will be fire theming but I think Energylandia changed its master plan (starting with the dragon zone park was planning to be park of "element's", like water, fire etc.) ... So we know nothing about theming.

Same old pile just call it something else. EL have recently stopped caring about theming. The mine train is awfully themed and the new Ferris wheel will just be white with absolutely no theming. I expect the tilt coaster to be the same.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Mine train was testing every day last week.

It valleyed one day.

Looks like lots of work still to do. (Who was it said it’d be open for Christmas 2021 🙈😂)

They’ve started ground work on a huge area right next to Honey Harbour. But it looks like the footprint of a VERY large building rather than a ride. (Although it could be.) And it also faces onto the road between the new and original parts of the park. Does anybody have any information on this? Is this where the hotel is going? I thought it was originally supposed to be near the main entrance. But it’s that kind of scale, massive rectangular area of just foundations.

Also off beyond this area it looks like they’re working on a huge new car park. Bigger than the front one. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Trax

Hyper Poster
The parks plans show that they want to move the entrance towards Aqualantis/Sweet Valley, with the hotel next to it, so it might finally be time for them to start construction of the hotel.
Together with that, it just makes sense that they build a new carpark next to the future entrance.

Last edited:

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Was hoping this would be ready for my visit in a couple of weeks, but it looks like I'll have to make do with Zadra, Abyssus, Hyperion and formula (and maybe the old and new water area)....

No doubt, when I get back for the tilt coaster, They'll have a B and m invert, a couple of woodies, and another 2 dozen flat rides on the go!