What's new

Energylandia | Unknown | Vekoma Tilt Coaster | 2024

Trax

Hyper Poster
Before anyone gets too exited for the Tilt coaster after seing the video - keep in mind that that is a fan made video. The shaping of those elements as well as their dimensions might not be exactly on point. Don't get me wrong, if it were as full throttle as this video implies, I'd be more than happy; As well as I would love to see a Vekoma rivaling Lech at Energylandia, whith Formula and Abyssus being a little bit more tame.

I might ruin the next video, but I can tell you that the forces differ a lot between Lech and Fønix with the former one being designed for "maximum" thrills and the latter one being a little bit toned down. The major difference is simply the shaping of the elements, with Lech being just a little bit tighter at every turn. And it's that "a little bit" that is hard to judge from just an artwork.

About the whole construction slowing (significantly) down. On the one hand, I have to agree. What Energylandia built between 2018 and 2019 is simply insane. Hyperion, Speed, Dragon Zone (including Zadra) and Aqualantis was very likely just delayed because of Covid.
However, I would like to note that 3 years between the opening of 2 major investments (Aqualantis in 2021 and Sweet Valley in 2024) is still very good. Most parks take 4-5 years to just build one new attraction, so taking 3 years to open a new themed area is not bad at all. We just got used to Energylandia building huge attractions as if they were Wacky Worms.
It should've been clear to everyone that Energylandia wouldn't be able to keep that insane development speed up - keep in mind that the park opened in 2014. I admit that Sweet Valley is earlier than I anticipated, but it is still reasonable. The Tilt coaster will be the last major development supported by the EU (by only a fraction of the costs, but subsidised nontheless, and everything after that will likely be paid out of pocket. The park has good financials, but even they can't print money.
With the pace the park grew between 2014 and 2019 in mind, it is amazing how much they were even able to build in such a short timeframe.

I am not sure about the hotel, though. I know that it was delayed by a bit because they wanted to combine it with the carp museum (Zator is the carp region of poland), but I haven't heard much since. I also don't know about any subsidies the park might get for the hotel.

Christian

Hyper Poster
I am not sure about the hotel, though. I know that it was delayed by a bit because they wanted to combine it with the carp museum (Zator is the carp region of poland), but I haven't heard much since. I also don't know about any subsidies the park might get for the hotel.

Is the carp museum for subsidies? I doubt EL would fully out of pocket fund a carp museum, it just does not sound profitable. Maybe a carp restaurant but not a full blown carp museum. But, if the government paid some part of it I think EL would be more than happy to build a carp museum.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Before anyone gets too exited for the Tilt coaster after seing the video - keep in mind that that is a fan made video. The shaping of those elements as well as their dimensions might not be exactly on point. Don't get me wrong, if it were as full throttle as this video implies, I'd be more than happy; As well as I would love to see a Vekoma rivaling Lech at Energylandia, whith Formula and Abyssus being a little bit more tame.

I might ruin the next video, but I can tell you that the forces differ a lot between Lech and Fønix with the former one being designed for "maximum" thrills and the latter one being a little bit toned down. The major difference is simply the shaping of the elements, with Lech being just a little bit tighter at every turn. And it's that "a little bit" that is hard to judge from just an artwork.

About the whole construction slowing (significantly) down. On the one hand, I have to agree. What Energylandia built between 2018 and 2019 is simply insane. Hyperion, Speed, Dragon Zone (including Zadra) and Aqualantis was very likely just delayed because of Covid.
However, I would like to note that 3 years between the opening of 2 major investments (Aqualantis in 2021 and Sweet Valley in 2024) is still very good. Most parks take 4-5 years to just build one new attraction, so taking 3 years to open a new themed area is not bad at all. We just got used to Energylandia building huge attractions as if they were Wacky Worms.
It should've been clear to everyone that Energylandia wouldn't be able to keep that insane development speed up - keep in mind that the park opened in 2014. I admit that Sweet Valley is earlier than I anticipated, but it is still reasonable. The Tilt coaster will be the last major development supported by the EU (by only a fraction of the costs, but subsidised nontheless, and everything after that will likely be paid out of pocket. The park has good financials, but even they can't print money.
With the pace the park grew between 2014 and 2019 in mind, it is amazing how much they were even able to build in such a short timeframe.

Yeh I don't think anybody is expecting them to pump out a new zone every year. Eyebrows were raised in 2018 when we were given that huge list of coasters being built between then and 2022 (which included up to the tilt.) But then they removed everybody's doubt by getting Zadra, Abyssus and even the mine train up by 2021. So I think it's more that we're shocked at just how drastic the slow down has been, and the timing of that slowdown (when the mine train is complete, and it seemed like, for the most part, phase 1 of the area was complete in 2022.)

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they took the decision to delay the launch until the 10th Birthday... July 2024 a pretty big milestone for the park, and what a way to celebrate it? I think if they chose to do that, who could blame them, who could honestly stand in that entrance next July, and not be impressed with all they've achieved in just 10 years?

It's just a bit frustrating that they've been saying the area will open 'this year' for 2 years now, must be annoying for those who've planned trips thinking 'it must be open by then.'

Marbrz90

Roller Poster
It's just a bit frustrating that they've been saying the area will open 'this year' for 2 years now, must be annoying for those who've planned trips thinking 'it must be open by then.'
It is. Whole area wll be opened next season, probably before the summer.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It is. Whole area wll be opened next season, probably before the summer.
I mean, you’d hope so, but after 2 years now of people saying that, including the park themselves, who knows… I’d be willing to put money on it opening for their 10th Birthday next year. (maybe with a soft launch in the week/s before.) Anybody fancy that bet?

the minetrain had some vibrations troubles for that it wass delayed, about the rest of the area i dont know
That may be true, but that’s the sort of thing that would normally pop up during testing and be ironed out fairly quickly. Even if track needed replacing, the delay would be weeks not years.

Knortie307

Roller Poster
I mean, you’d hope so, but after 2 years now of people saying that, including the park themselves, who knows… I’d be willing to put money on it opening for their 10th Birthday next year. (maybe with a soft launch in the week/s before.) Anybody fancy that bet?

That may be true, but that’s the sort of thing that would normally pop up during testing and be ironed out fairly quickly. Even if track needed replacing, the delay would be weeks not years.

Wass a problem with the trains and the wheels they just fixed it a month ago so i took vekoma since the first test of the coaster till last month to fix it

JoshC.

Strata Poster
So it seems as if, for now, the Tilt coaster is off, as reported by FOMO coaster:

bigmac1789

Roller Poster
Rip Bozo Tilt coaster. Saw the writing on the wall for ages on that one. (When I "Jumped to conclusions")
Just add it to the list of what could've been.
Hopefully the project gets moved to another park depending on how far it was in development for.

MaxxForceFan

Roller Poster
I wonder if Six Flags purchased this tilt coaster for 2025. They have already picked up two cancelled Vekoma projects that we know of.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
I wonder if Six Flags purchased this tilt coaster for 2025. They have already picked up two cancelled Vekoma projects that we know of.
Honestly given their recent trend of picking up these projects (those, Ultra Surf), I would be interested if that were to happen. That prototype is probably open season, ya know. It wouldn't be as cheap given the amount of manufacturing that is still needed, but anyone can dream.

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
So it seems as if, for now, the Tilt coaster is off, as reported by FOMO coaster:

They haven't provided a source for this news, so I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The 2 Vekomas and the Intamin and a load of flat rides all came from one cancelled project in South East Asia I believe. Just bought a bulk pack of rides for cheap pretty much. Wouldn't be surprised if they did pick something else up though.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
The 2 Vekomas and the Intamin and a load of flat rides all came from one cancelled project in South East Asia I believe. Just bought a bulk pack of rides for cheap pretty much. Wouldn't be surprised if they did pick something else up though.
Are you aware of what that SEA project was called? Is there anything else from there that's unaccounted for?

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
Are you aware of what that SEA project was called? Is there anything else from there that's unaccounted for?

Looopings did an article on this package deal about a year ago. No real answers to your questions, but there are some drawings which show several of the rides that are in this deal.