What's new

Energylandia | Choco Chip Creek | Vekoma Minetrain | 2024

ScottLann

Mega Poster
The area as a whole looks like another great addition to Energylandia! Hope they keep up with this level of theming and get even better with future projects too.

Speaking of which...do we know if they ever properly finished the Aqualantis area? From what I've seen of footage over the last year, it still looks like there were some areas that were perhaps incomplete? (E.g. metal frames standing out, troughs not being filled with water)

FogZog

Roller Poster
The area as a whole looks like another great addition to Energylandia! Hope they keep up with this level of theming and get even better with future projects too.

Speaking of which...do we know if they ever properly finished the Aqualantis area? From what I've seen of footage over the last year, it still looks like there were some areas that were perhaps incomplete? (E.g. metal frames standing out, troughs not being filled with water)
I saw in a recent clip the water has finally been filled in. Tbh it didn’t look very nice, was murky

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
i hate how the theming in aqualantis is STILL NOT FINISHED four years after opening, like happened?
What makes you say it's not finished? They'd finished all but one of the water pools last year when they completed the Disc-o , and signs are that the water pool is finished now too...

To be honest, the area was always stunning, from the minute it opened, thoosies made the few unfinished bits out to be way worse than they were (myself included.) Unless you were an enthusiast, and had seen the plans, you'd have no idea that bits were still to be done.

i305_zack

Mega Poster
What makes you say it's not finished? They'd finished all but one of the water pools last year when they completed the Disc-o , and signs are that the water pool is finished now too...

To be honest, the area was always stunning, from the minute it opened, thoosies made the few unfinished bits out to be way worse than they were (myself included.) Unless you were an enthusiast, and had seen the plans, you'd have no idea that bits were still to be done.
im pretty sure that the water under a majority of abyssus still sits as dirt unless im wrong? i havent been following the coaster community as much recently but from my knowledge, some of the theming aspects for aqualantis still sit unfinished.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
im pretty sure that the water under a majority of abyssus still sits as dirt unless im wrong? i havent been following the coaster community as much recently but from my knowledge, some of the theming aspects for aqualantis still sit unfinished.
I've no idea to be honest, the signs I refer to were @FogZog mentioning that they'd been filled a few posts up.

I have my own doubts that they were ever intended to be filled at the back, as the water filled pits have always had lots of very obvious plumbing elements to them that were no provided for in the gravel / sand filled pits, and had a different base material... But everybody else kept saying they were meant to be filled and had been missed, so I just go along with it. 🤷‍♂️

You can see in the video that all pools that were meant to be filled are now filled... Just the two small ones each side were never meant to be filled are not filled.

Last edited: