What's new

Energylandia | Choco Chip Creek | Vekoma Minetrain | 2024

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Thanks for your posts @Maldo_Krm . A lot of what you said is stuff I'd heard from one place or another, but it's nice to see everything written down in a one place. There's one thing I'm particularly curious about though..
Okay then guys, what I will post now, I believe, it has never been posted to an international public, ever. It's a really, really controversial park, so I'll give you a brief history of the park, including the prelude.

In what sense is the park controversial? As in, who thinks that, and why? From your posts, I don't see anything controversial really, aside from perhaps a couple of the 'tricks' used, like the registering of specific patents, to help win funding. But honestly, I'd expect any place trying to win funding to make their project sound as good as possible. And I've never really heard anything bad about the park in any sense to be honest.

Is it just because they've managed to secure a fair amount of funding to help their early progress? Or is there something else?

Ggolt

Roller Poster
Thanks for your posts @Maldo_Krm . A lot of what you said is stuff I'd heard from one place or another, but it's nice to see everything written down in a one place. There's one thing I'm particularly curious about though..

In what sense is the park controversial? As in, who thinks that, and why? From your posts, I don't see anything controversial really, aside from perhaps a couple of the 'tricks' used, like the registering of specific patents, to help win funding. But honestly, I'd expect any place trying to win funding to make their project sound as good as possible. And I've never really heard anything bad about the park in any sense to be honest.

Is it just because they've managed to secure a fair amount of funding to help their early progress? Or is there something else?

Maybe because it’s often said that the park is completely funded by the EU, which is actually not the case. Lots of people say the park is built with tax money from the ‘richer’ parts of Europe, and the fact that they keep expanding that quickly and with top notch coasters while other parks around Europe are struggling, could make it controversial to many.

It’s not easy to understand or find out just how much of their budget is funding, so I guess many just feel like it’s not fair to other projects/countries, and those see it as a controversial park.

pawel98123

Mega Poster
Track of mine train is finished ( actually been finished couple of days ago 😉)

154721142_817883255553900_4997282514090248848_n.jpg

Coasterwaffle

Roller Poster
The banking on some of the turns looks just unrealistic, I don't know if I am the only one who thinks it but it looks to be too much

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The banking on some of the turns looks just unrealistic, I don't know if I am the only one who thinks it but it looks to be too much
I have every faith Vekoma know what they are doing, considering they have built more coasters than any other company (I believe?). If anything it means those sections will have fast speeds and will be somewhat intense, hopefully.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Maybe the last lift is actually a launch...? Those little white elements at the crest of the lifthill are actually LSMs...

👀