What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

UP87

Mega Poster
I don't see too many similarities. Formula 1 is a Vekoma Space Warp:
4014064db4d935664b59cc1e7e2b808528058617-track-space-warp-launch-coaster.png

Lofty

CF Legend
You don't see any similarities? Are you having a laugh?

They use the same technology, trains, restraints, similar elements, same manufacturer, similar experiences, similar track profiling, I can go on...

Yeah, definitely not similar at all...

UP87

Mega Poster
I only meant the layout. Of course there are other similarities and if I was responsible I'd not put another layout of the same coaster in my park. But it's not like it's just the bigger brother. That'd be Shockwave and Shockwave+

Lofty

CF Legend
No, but the point you argued with was similarities, not that the layouts are the same. Which is not what I stated in the first place ;)

UP87

Mega Poster
I talked about similarities and posted the layout of Formula 1. So I thought it was obvious I was talking about the layout. I thought we were only talking about the layouts for the last few posts. After all we think the same :)

JKM

Mega Poster
So the blue- painted track goes for new kiddie coaster. Have to wait for some certain uptdates.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
CW has Leviathan and Behemoth, so this isn't exactly new. I mean, it appears the park had a great relationship with Vekoma so it simply makes sense. Vekoma is the Euro lead for RMC, the tilt coaster is next, and every other thing they have there. Makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
CW has Leviathan and Behemoth, so this isn't exactly new. I mean, it appears the park had a great relationship with Vekoma so it simply makes sense. Vekoma is the Euro lead for RMC, the tilt coaster is next, and every other thing they have there. Makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Arguably, Behemoth and Leviathan aren't really similar in nature? Behemoth primarily focuses on the airtime and constant hills upon hills upon hills - Leviathan's main focus is the height and speed, hence the overbanks, speed hill etc. These two products are 10% much closer in experience than the two you've named.

Matt N

CF Legend
Out of interest, what is the difference between this layout and the regular Shockwave, as I can't see any difference?

I must say I absolutely love that track colour, however; looks more blue than Hyperion (which we all also initially thought was dark blue), which I like! If paired with a support colour like white, silver or black, I reckon it could look quite snazzy!

Matt N

CF Legend
Blimey Matt, you must be really rubbish at spot-the-difference puzzles! ;)
HINT : the bit at the start, and the bit at the end.
Ah, I see it now! Thanks @davidm!

Does seem like a bit of a redundant addition, but I'm sure the ride will turn out great!

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Leviathan vs. Behemoth is one thing, because like Lofty said, one is all about height & speed and the other is all hills. Formula 1 and this new Shockwave+ are pretty much the same exact type of ride. It will have the exact same feel as F1. While it's redundant as all hell, I think it's fine. The Shockwave+ does enough new stuff that F1 doesn't do, so I think it's acceptable.

I'm more concerned about what this Tilt coaster will do. 3 of the same model coaster in the same park will probably be the logical tipping point. And then you have Lech Coaster an hour down the road, too. Vekoma central!

Lofty

CF Legend
I think you're kinda missing the point that people are making - there's potentially going to be 3 of the 4 Vekomas in the same park, with the same type of experience... It's just a little odd.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I think you're kinda missing the point that people are making - there's potentially going to be 3 of the 4 Vekomas in the same park, with the same type of experience... It's just a little odd.
But you could also call the likes of Blackpool Pleasure Beach weird. They have multiple woodies that feel similar.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I think there is a way to make these different though and It really depends on how they are themed. The theme for this is supposed to be water right? Lets say the theme includes water guns to shoot the train and various water effects that get you wet along the route. Like waterfalls over the track or water explosions as the train passes then I feel that would differentiate the experiences enough. But yeah it is still an odd choice considering the sheer variety on the Vekoma roster.

As to the guy who asked for the source. A guy who provides quite a lot of stuff for VH and has links with Vekoma sent it over. (as poncy as it sounds I do like to keep sources secret in these cases as there are obvious ramifications) However in this case the layout image has been released in at least a couple of industry magazines so its not like it isnt out there and I was given permission to post.