What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Thanks for clearing that question. I appreciate when a park tries to go the extra mile to make a new area feel complete with many attractions but including a clone of Saven is not the wisest choice. It looks so out of place (Saven's saving grace is the scenery and greenery around the track making it feel faster...), even more so considering that the park already has a family boomerang. Oh well, we know how Energylandia likes to play their real-life RCT scenarios.

So, what are the new 4 coasters for next year??

Maldo_Krm

Roller Poster
Thanks for clearing that question. I appreciate when a park tries to go the extra mile to make a new area feel complete with many attractions but including a clone of Saven is not the wisest choice. It looks so out of place (Saven's saving grace is the scenery and greenery around the track making it feel faster...), even more so considering that the park already has a family boomerang. Oh well, we know how Energylandia likes to play their real-life RCT scenarios.

So, what are the new 4 coasters for next year??

The boomerang wasn't planned at first, but knowing their close relations with Vekoma, they just bought it cheap, then "why not". Actually, it will interact with the slow boat ride, so perhaps it might work out pretty well.

Last edited:

w8erbahn

Roller Poster
I was originally supposed to be in EL last Friday and I'm wondering if covid wouldn't have happened, if the area would be completed by then. There seems to be plenty of work left to be done.

Me too! It was a sad day thinking of I could be in EL right now but it was raining anyway so who knows if something would've been open that day with such bad weather.
I plan to go in October now. Hopefully everything goes right this time and the new coaster is open by then :)

Trax

Hyper Poster
Wait, they built a family boomerang too?! I completely missed that!
Yeah, that can happen, given the pace Energylandia builds new rides :)

Still wondering if they will throw in a Kiddie coaster just for good measures. The 20 needs to done ;-)

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
So to get to Abyssus, when you enter the park you walk past the Vekoma Junior coaster, continue on past the Vekoma Junior coaster, when you get to the road go under it and carry on until you get to the Vekoma Junior coaster turn left then head past the Vekoma Junior Coaster.

Got it.

Trax

Hyper Poster
You forgot the Vekoma Launch coaster before you enter the tunnel ;-)

Here is an offride of another new gen Vekoma LSM coaster - I really hope that Abyssus will have a quicker pacing than this one, it looks quite sluggish to me.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster

Here is an offride of another new gen Vekoma LSM coaster - I really hope that Abyssus will have a quicker pacing than this one, it looks quite sluggish to me.

Looks somewhere between Icon and Taron's speed (also launch) which is what I would expect from Vekoma.

Lukeesix

Roller Poster

It looks good but that trim brake at the top doesnt look Great.

Trax

Hyper Poster
I have not experienced a stall brake yet, but it looks so out of place for me. It kills the dynamic, which should reach its peak after the launch, and it just feels like it slows down the train too much. Luckily, Abyssus is not using 4 brakes, but only 2, so they might be more intended as a trim to keep the airtime in the last row under control.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
I have not experienced a stall brake yet, but it looks so out of place for me. It kills the dynamic, which should reach its peak after the launch, and it just feels like it slows down the train too much. Luckily, Abyssus is not using 4 brakes, but only 2, so they might be more intended as a trim to keep the airtime in the last row under control.
Who knows but Vekoma aren't the first to put stall brakes on coaster's believe have them on new Intamin's