What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Don't think it matters whether its 2020 or 2021, either way sure they'll be a new coaster up by the time it opens

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
I kinda sad about the fire truck. We have this wonderful themed area with theming perfectly in theme and little to zero bad bonus addition from Energylandia but OH BOY let's put some mf firetrucks in this just to ruin the coherence and add another useless ride in our collection of rides that is already waaaay too big for a park of our size and attendance

Christian

Hyper Poster
Atleast they painted the firetrucks blue to fit with the area even though I have never seen a blue firetruck ?. I am so surprised EL dosnt have a real kiddie area like most parks do. Instead they just mix high thrill rides like Zadra and Hyperion with kiddie rides. Or you could say the whole park is a giant kiddie area with some extreamly good coasters added because there are more kids than thrillseakers there. Somehow the junior boomerang, suspended family coaster and wild mouse (one of the worst coasters in the world!) have longer lines than Hyperion or Zadra.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
The park is looking much more like a proper Theme Park, the theming in other areas of the park is starting to look much better.

Has the Switzerland area between the entrance / dark ride always been how it is now? If so how did I not notice how beautiful it was on my other visits?

Other good news... Not sure if it was in this thread we were discussing queue lines... Hyperion’s queue now only takes you up one level and then they’ve opened a lower door out on to the stairs!!! Much much better!!!

3E927611-47D4-49DF-A96E-D3FA5B76F7D4.jpeg

And they’ve opened the gate we suggested they open in Zadra’s queue... Hasn’t made Zadra’s queue feel much better though, with the new layout.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
That's alright, two years between huge area and coaster developments is still faster than any other park.

JamesB

Mega Poster
That's so frustrating for me. I purposely didn't go last year as Abyssus was due for this year. I'm due to go in September. Never mind!

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Just noticed 2021 on RCDB.
Was looking at some dates in September.

It doesn't surprise me it's delayed though. The project looks massive. More work than Zadra with the underground sections and water additions.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Wasn’t it about this time last year that everybody was reporting Zadra as a 2020 addition? Or is this different? I.e Covid related?

Looked pretty far along to me last week :)

Trax

Hyper Poster
As far as I know, there is nothing official from the park. The website still states "coming soon". I would'nt wonder, if they open the area without any announcement at all.
They are currently under slightly limited capacity: Until thursday, they are allowed 10m² per guest, which equals to ~82% of their normal capacity. Starting Friday , this drops to 5m² per guest, so the park easily reach full capacity.

However, they also state that they lost about 80% of their guests (20% loss due to lack of international tourists + 60% loss from school groups), and they might hope to have more guests when reopening in late summer/autumn. I just booked a trip in September, with only <50€ for the flight being at risk in case of a new lockdown.

@Nicky Borrill Did you also visit Legendia? Lech coaster was running pretty slow with the new cooling for the wheels when I visited last year, and I want to know if it has came back to its former glory.

Source: https://energylandia.pl/en/plan-your-stay/covid-19-free/

Dressinggown

Roller Poster
As far as I know, there is nothing official from the park. The website still states "coming soon". I would'nt wonder, if they open the area without any announcement at all.
They are currently under slightly limited capacity: Until thursday, they are allowed 10m² per guest, which equals to ~82% of their normal capacity. Starting Friday , this drops to 5m² per guest, so the park easily reach full capacity.

However, they also state that they lost about 80% of their guests (20% loss due to lack of international tourists + 60% loss from school groups), and they might hope to have more guests when reopening in late summer/autumn. I just booked a trip in September, with only <50€ for the flight being at risk in case of a new lockdown.

@Nicky Borrill Did you also visit Legendia? Lech coaster was running pretty slow with the new cooling for the wheels when I visited last year, and I want to know if it has came back to its former glory.

After cancelling a trip in May I've booked a few days in Katovice in September in the hope of getting on Lech Coaster at Legendia, Zadra and Hyperion at Energylandia. Abyssus would have been a bonus but we can always go back given how cheap the trip has been. For my wife and I it has worked out as follows:

Travel to and from home to Manchester Airport = £0.00 (family member returning a similar favour).
Return flights to Katowice with Ryanair = £80.00
Shuttle bus to and from Airport to Katovice = £20.00
3 Nights at 4* Q Hotel Plus in City Centre = £140.00
1 day at Silesia Park, including Legendia, Zoo and cable car trip = £60.00
1 day at Energylandia including shuttle bus = £70.00

Total = £370

It must also be remembered that Poland is also incredibly cheap for eating, drinking, travel etc.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster

No I didn’t... Spent the day there in Sept, wasn’t overly impressed apart from Lech... (and the good company I met there) Spent the day riding Lech and didn’t feel the need this time. It was my first try of Lech, seemed plenty fast enough to me, ?? but I have nothing to compare it to!