Fire or Ice?

• Dueling Dragons: Fire

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Dueling Dragons: Ice

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Well they are about to become something involved with HP, but which one is your favorite?

RCF

Strata Poster
They're both called "The Dragon's Challenge" now. But before that I would've said that while they both look really good, Fire wins it for me.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Snoo is correct. Ice was fun, but it just didn't seem to flow as well as fire.

Anyway, they're not called that anymore! :p

Gazza

Giga Poster
Ice, because:
-It doesn't repeat elements.
-It has a zero g roll, not a lame floater hill.
-It has a cobra roll! An intense one too.
-There is that straight approach to the loop, so you can see the impending collision.

Rush

Giga Poster
Ice for the same reasons as Gazza said. Fire just seemed to get repetitive and dull, Ice is more fun and the layout is much better.

Saying that though, neither of them are fantastic rides.

Jools

Giga Poster
I love the fact that now they are named the Chinese Fireball and the Hungarian Horntail, and Harry went up against the Hungarian Horntail, and is meant to be the worst of them, yet it's the less intense of them.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Fire, or whatever it's called now. While I agree that the zero-g roll is more fun than the airtime hill, the view of the other coaster is better on the hill.

Ben

CF Legend
Ice.

It's just... better. Neither is particularly great though. Both at the bottom end of my Inverts.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Gazza said:
Ice, because:
-It doesn't repeat elements.
-It has a zero g roll, not a lame floater hill.
-It has a cobra roll! An intense one too.
-There is that straight approach to the loop, so you can see the impending collision.
True, but it doesn't seem to flow as well as Fire. Also, I found the entrance to the Cobra Roll to be very rough and not very enjoyable at all!

But hey, opinions are opinions.

Blizzrock

Roller Poster
Contrary to my screenname (Blizzrock was the name of the Ice Dragon according to Universal before it became the Horntail with the Potter addition), Fire is my favorite of the two.

Ice used to be one hell of a front row ride. But over the last few years I've come to appreciate Fire's altogether more forceful and better-paced layout. I still like Ice, but it's slower, less exciting, and its ending is rather sub-par. And now that the two don't duel anymore :cry: the reasons to wait for Row 1 on Ice have really diminished.

michaellll

Mega Poster
I just don't enjoy ice's cobra roll at all.

As it's been said, fire just has a better flow to the layout for me.