What's new

Gumbuya World | Unknown | Maurer Skyloop (Relocated Dreamworld BuzzSaw) | 2022

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Dreamworld is retiring BuzzSaw after less than 10 years of operation. Will officially close on August 31st:-

7B5B0FE9-2A39-47AF-8770-755598130023.png

Seems weird to get weird of a coaster that's only 10 years old and also considering the fact that only recently closed ToT2? Anyway I'm curious to see what replaces it, if anything, and if/where it will get relocated to.

Last edited:

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
There’s been talk of a BuzzSaw retirement for a while now, unfortunately. I don’t know the park or ride well enough to speculate as to what went on behind the scenes for this.

spicy

Giga Poster
Kind of 2 steps back 1 step forward with the removal of this and ToT but the addition of the new coaster.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Wonder if it has to do with operating costs? Maybe the park only has the budget to operate a certain number of large coasters, and that one has to be removed when another is added. BuzzSaw also isn't very old, so the park should easily be able to sell it on at a decent price.

Will

Strata Poster
This cred spited me in 2018, but I'll admit I wasn't that gutted

I wouldn't have thought it would be missed really, especially with Steel Taipan on the horizon :)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Wonder if it has to do with operating costs? Maybe the park only has the budget to operate a certain number of large coasters, and that one has to be removed when another is added. BuzzSaw also isn't very old, so the park should easily be able to sell it on at a decent price.
They would have massively slashed their operating costs already with the removal of Tower of Terror, though.

Weird decision to be honest. Maybe they have plans to expand into the car park, so need to get it out of the way? Otherwise, it's not taking up any space at the moment.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Odd, I thought it was running pretty alright for a SkyLoop 4 years ago, so I'm a bit surprised to see it go this fast. It's weird that they mention the ride proximity to Steel Taipan as the reason as that part of the park surely must be relatively empty now?

When I went it was just a bunch of SBNO rides with only Buzzsaw and the drop tower running and now it's going to be just a bunch of empty land around Steel Taipan and the drop tower.

cocoa

Mega Poster
damn there goes one of the credits I was waiting to get once orange fire opened... oh well aye