What's new

Dreamworld Australia | Steel Taipan | Modified Blue Fire Clone | 2021

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The LSMs don't cover the entire strip though like on Blue Fire, so they probably won't be anymore terrible than the other two Mack's with this launch setup, but there won't be any force on these launches whatsoever.

Unfortunately, given Tower of Terror's minimal footprint, I don't see Dreamworld replacing it with anything. It's essentially taking up an extremely long but narrow plot of land suitable for hardly anything else, and since its construction the railroad as well as Mick Doohan's MotoCoaster have been located right next to it. This park now has 3 launch coasters, so I don't exactly see Dreamworld replacing Tower of Terror II with another one - or even a record breaking coaster, for that matter - as parks have now moved onto the most unique ride experiences, rather than the tallest, fastest or longest. Still, to lose one of the 7 operating giga coasters worldwide would be a bit of a bummer, especially the only one in the Southern Hemisphere.
Yh true. So maybe they'll replace it with Australia's Tallest Swing Ride: Star Flyer/S&S Screamin Swing

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Yh true. So maybe they'll replace it with Australia's Tallest Swing Ride: Star Flyer/S&S Screamin Swing
bandicam_2019-08-24_10-57-46-586.jpg

In orange, you can see the outline for the space that this MACK Rides Launch Coaster will use. This image should give a better idea as to how little space Tower of Terror II took up, and why I don't see it being replaced with much (if anything at all). If Dreamworld plans on building a coaster in its spot (the yellow being the best location out of Tower of Terror II's footprint), I wouldn't expect more than a family coaster. The station is right next to their DreamWorks Experience land; the Vekoma Family Suspended coaster and Zamperla Air Race are clearly located to the left of Tower of Terror II's launch tunnel and entry area. A large, circular flat ride such as a star flyer would be better suited for another location in the park, unless Dreamworld wanted to do away with those trees surrounding Tower of Terror II.

Matt N

CF Legend
It would seem that supports for this have now arrived at Dreamworld, and they are dark grey: https://www.parkz.com.au/update/202...ts_arrive_as_Dreamworld_sits_in_lockdown.html

I’d assume that the track will be orange as the rendering suggests, but you never know.

Also, the article now suggests that a 2021 opening for this is now more likely. And in smaller news, they are apparently repainting and retheming Hot Wheels Sidewinder again.
EDIT: The park also apparently filed quite a few trademarks, implying that the name of the coaster will be either Gold Coaster, Steel Taipan or Hiss-teria: https://www.parkz.com.au/article/20..._coaster_names_in_trademark_applications.html

Matt N

CF Legend
I'd bet they're still on track for a late 2020 opening. Remember - the seasons are flipped in the southern hemisphere. Their parks are gearing up for the summer months as ours close for winter.
It is worth noting, however, that Ardent has also halted all non-essential CAPEX for the time being due to COVID-19; I’d imagine that the construction costs may potentially fall under this. However, I agree with you in saying that they could definitely still achieve late 2020; if the ride’s on site, they may as well put it up.

Gazza

Giga Poster

A couple of extra stats, length is 1200m rather than 1065m, top speed is 105km/h not 100km/h.
The latter has me intrigued.....Is it going to launch faster to get up the reverse spike and then the 3rd launch does nothing, or is it going to do the layout faster in general and get trimmed? Or launched faster to account for the weight of the spinning car?

VonRolland

Hyper Poster

A couple of extra stats, length is 1200m rather than 1065m, top speed is 105km/h not 100km/h.
The latter has me intrigued.....Is it going to launch faster to get up the reverse spike and then the 3rd launch does nothing, or is it going to do the layout faster in general and get trimmed? Or launched faster to account for the weight of the spinning car?
Potentially it is going to go to full speed on the 3rd launch then on the midcourse trim slightly like you do on the usual BF model, the POV certainly makes it look like that