What's new

Dreamworld Australia | Steel Taipan | Modified Blue Fire Clone | 2021

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
Nice to see track completed. That loop makes me feel excited, and also the spike. Maybe this year 2 blue fire clones which are opposite side of the globe might open!

Niles

Giga Poster
Site update, work continues and the train is on the track and going through some basic testing.
4B27FC20-F72E-4704-9953-C40BD13CAAEC.jpg
A914CD2F-0DD5-404B-B216-4D00C36E41F0.jpg
C504DC54-DD1F-44ED-B637-E8D68FA420B6.jpg
8613B6FE-3DC0-4421-A4AC-ACCBA6D16215.jpg
81C3F492-3D8F-4104-9A9B-39D0DB2A3442.jpg
87A23F55-77C7-43E3-90C1-0735371DF1BA.jpg
9DFF1DF3-BC76-4DE0-A50A-5897E3510BD8.jpg
F233EA64-7849-4A9B-8517-B6AC4DCAB355.jpg
41E205CF-2454-40B7-BEB9-59E7802BC4CC.jpg
1CE42FEE-686C-4599-AEDB-A9C244C8EECF.jpg
Source:

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Wait I thought the back car was meant to be spinning? Or is that only gonna be on one train? If so that seems kind of dumb.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I'm sure the original single launch isn't as forceful to begin with, but the swing launch seems to neuter it even further.

What was the motive behind that choice? I mean it's got to be more expensive with the addition of the spike, right?

Gazza

Giga Poster
I guess my argument is that Mack are hardly known for their punchy launches, so why not introduce the reverse spike and have the gimmick to sell?
There is Superman just down the road with the same top speed. that coaster would always had the superior direct launch than a BF clone, so why not make it different?

FWIW, remember only one-third of the launch track is covered with LSM and the rest of the time you are just coasting flat.
it's still has to get up to the same top speed, so you are still going to get a quick kick as it adds speed in short distance.

In other words, you are adding one third of the speed, but having to do it in one-third of the usual length, so it somewhat evens out.

Alessio

Roller Poster
In the comments of the video the video creator said that only the second train will have a spinning back car and is currently stored in the maintenance bay.
R.I.P. capacity.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Would a multi phased launch use less power or more? Surely it puts less power demand on the grid for each launch phase than a single launch? But overall I wonder if it uses less and saves money in the long run.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Would a multi phased launch use less power or more?
I mean, hypothetically it uses more "total" power. The train is accelerating from stationary to the final speed all the same, but instead of inputting all that energy in in one step, you do it in three stages with friction losses in between. The power input isn't linear, but that's not really important when you think in these terms.

What the multi-pass launch does offer you, however, is a lower "peak" power draw. You're spreading that power surge out more. Sometimes (in fact, often times) that's the bigger problem for utility infrastructure. Peaks are a problem, total net power isn't usually so much of an issue.

The other benefit, although not utilised here, is that you can make the launch track much shorter giving a bit more flexibility in the layout.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
In the comments of the video the video creator said that only the second train will have a spinning back car and is currently stored in the maintenance bay.
R.I.P. capacity.
Helps capacity does it not? An upcharge gimmick/spinning back row you can control your queue with the sale of limited tickets. While the main queue has the extra capacity to move quicker with not all trains being hybrids.

Alessio

Roller Poster
Helps capacity does it not? An upcharge gimmick/spinning back row you can control your queue with the sale of limited tickets. While the main queue has the extra capacity to move quicker with not all trains being hybrids.
It helps the capacity of the normal line, sure. But the queue of the spinning car will be very long if a lot of people want to try it. Even with it being upcharged (depends on the price of course).

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
It helps the capacity of the normal line, sure. But the queue of the spinning car will be very long if a lot of people want to try it. Even with it being upcharged (depends on the price of course).
A sensible park would sell a limited number of tickets then / time slots. As I said you can control that queue a lot easier as an operator.

Peet

Giga Poster
What was the motive behind that choice? I mean it's got to be more expensive with the addition of the spike, right?
Am I the only one here who thinks reverse spikes are fun? You get a good little airtime pop on Capitol Bullet and Star Trek. I reckon this will definitely be more fun to ride that the original, plus it looks cool (for the GP).

It looks odd though where they have straight track at the end of the launch which clearly has a mounting for launch fins, but none installed.