What's new

Dreamworld: 2023/24: 2 new coasters (Including $35m Vekoma family coaster) + new flat rides.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Dreamworld have just held a presser with their planned additions for the next 2 years.

$50m AUD total investment

Main additions

2023 - Dreamworld Flyer wave swinger in entry plaza.

1669249959727.png

2023 - Big Red Boat - Unknown kiddy coaster

1669250000660.png

2024- Jungle Rush - Vekoma family coaster with "worlds first" tilted turntable, 12 airtime moments, forwards and backwards.

1669250063643.png

2024- Murrisippi Motors - Vintage Car Ride

1669250102277.png

Indy

Hyper Poster
I have such an irrational love for this park and am a big fan of these additions. There were clear opportunities for growth and expansion during my visit three years ago and these additions really fill some of those holes. I also find it fascinating how Australia continues to go nuts with expansions in the current decade.

cookie

Hyper Poster
Looks like a powered coaster going by the track. Since it's in a kiddie area, I'm thinking Zamperla.

Looks like the Vekoma coaster is going to come with some pretty impressive rock work also.

dw-future-desktop-705x680_river.jpg

Matt N

CF Legend
Out of interest, has this park had a change in ownership or something in recent years?

I only ask because they seem to have considerably upped the ante investment-wise in the last couple of years, with Steel Taipan opening in 2021 and now this huge Vekoma family coaster in 2024.

Things certainly look bright at Dreamworld!

cookie

Hyper Poster
Out of interest, has this park had a change in ownership or something in recent years?

I only ask because they seem to have considerably upped the ante investment-wise in the last couple of years, with Steel Taipan opening in 2021 and now this huge Vekoma family coaster in 2024.

Things certainly look bright at Dreamworld!
The Thunder Rapids disaster led to a lot of changes in the upper management at Ardent Leisure (including replacing the CEO) and the new leadership seem adamant in revitalizing the park, hence large investments like Steel Taipan and this.

Efteldingus

Roller Poster
Could Jungle Rush be a similar coaster type to Big Bear Mountain at Dollywood? I sort of get the feeling that this is a new ride type by Vekoma, large scale family coasters with loads of possibilities layout-wise. The trains on the concept art look quite similar to the BBM train presented at IAAPA last week, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the same style of track used for this either. I think Vekoma might (again) be onto a winner here

TPoseOnTantrum

Hyper Poster
Looks like a powered coaster going by the track. Since it's in a kiddie area, I'm thinking Zamperla.
Zamperla doesn’t do 4x4 cars on any of their junior coasters (barring a few older exceptions), and it’s not going to be Vekoma either. Given the hardware my best guesses are the other Italian companies, perhaps Preston & Barbieri or SBF Visa.
14EA8488-C83E-43AA-8A1B-83A79E77B4BA.jpeg

There’s also been some talk on the Parkz forum about Jungle Rush’s ride experience, as expected. There will not be another switch track outside of that tilted turntable, so every other train will be taking the majority of the layout either forwards or backwards. It’s been designed to be traversed both ways, which will be really interesting to see ( especially in the station 🤣)

cookie

Hyper Poster
Zamperla doesn’t do 4x4 cars on any of their junior coasters (barring a few older exceptions), and it’s not going to be Vekoma either. Given the hardware my best guesses are the other Italian companies, perhaps Preston & Barbieri or SBF Visa.
View attachment 21827
Zamperla does 4-seater cars on their powered coasters, even the smaller ones. The track design doesn’t really suggest SBF Visa or P&B (who afaik hasn’t built powered coasters) to me.

Last edited: