What's new

Drayton Manor day trip

Treeis

Mega Poster
As a little experiment, I organised a trip with my friend to go to a theme park outside of London, which is usually tricky to do since we live in the London area. I worked out that I could get a daytrip on trains and buses to Drayton manor for a good price aswell.

Since many of you have been to Drayton Manor before, Im not going to bore you with the details of what each ride in the park is. I do however, have some photos and some comments on how the park was today.

It was my second ever trip to the park, and I thought I might get a quiet day, it being early september. But alas, the sun was out and all the families must have decided to go to a theme park one last time before school starts again. Queues ranged from 30ish mins (Shockwave), to 40ish mins (G-force), to possibly even longer (Stormforce 10).

Shockwave is still as fun as I remember. Even though its a short ride, it definetly has a kick to it, especially in its first half.
1hmIj.jpg

45i4u.jpg

G-Force was ok, but just ok. When I was there two years ago, it had some generic pop music in the queue line which I thought was a nice touch. Now however, they use music that they clearly have asked to have been made. Horrible generic songs that sound like they should be in the back of shampoo adverts. No lyrics, no artists, no nothing. Made waiting in the queue line a lot worse than before which is a shame.
WRZ8u.jpg

Apocolypse still as fun as ever. At about 13:00 it had an almost walk on queue for the "stand up floor" section of the ride, and a 15 min queue for "sit down". I took advantage of this of course and rode it in a matter of seconds. The queue became considerably longer by 16:00 however. Not sure why that was... Oh and it had two of the 5 drop sides not working.
R4jDY.jpg

Still, after everything I did today the most amazing thing I feel was the discovery of how easy it is to get to Drayton Manor from london. I cant drive or anything and sometimes I fell as though I am stuck with Chessington and Thorpe, so Its really nice to know that I can go and get a train to Tamworth for only £6!

...Oh, if anyone wants to use my pictures for anything... go ahead. They were just taken today from my camera. :)

kurXC.jpg