What's new

Dollywood | Big Bear Mountain | Vekoma Family Launched Coaster | 2023

jay37415

Mega Poster
Prediction : Longest inverted or Flying coaster. A Vekoma built coaster with no inversions but focus on terrain and flying through the trees. will be in the back of the new expansion area going behind the Upcharge parking Area. will easily be 1000' longer than Wild eagle.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Prediction : Longest inverted or Flying coaster. A Vekoma built coaster with no inversions but focus on terrain and flying through the trees. will be in the back of the new expansion area going behind the Upcharge parking Area. will easily be 1000' longer than Wild eagle.
Why would it be a coaster that wasn't on the survey? It's slightly unreasonable to think that their next coaster wouldn't be one of those, unless their plans have majorly changed and we aren't aware of it.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Why would it be a coaster that wasn't on the survey? It's slightly unreasonable to think that their next coaster wouldn't be one of those, unless their plans have majorly changed and we aren't aware of it.

To be fair, that survey was over 2 years ago, and a lot has changed in the world since then.

I agree it's unlikely that their plans would change drastically, but I don't think we could totally discount the idea that it would be something different.

richardcrete

Mega Poster

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
I don't know if I had to post this in Dollywood's investment thread, but, as part of its new HeartSong Lodge & Resort, the park is planning a "multigenerational coaster" for 2023.

a WHAT now

bmac

Giga Poster
I think what they mean is a ride that's going to exist for a long time and parents can enjoy with their kids in the future.

MountedShooter

Mega Poster
"Naughton just touched briefly on a new ride, which he called a multigenerational coaster, which would be for all ages. It is slated to open in 2023."

Sounds like a family coaster to me, I guess that means the B&M hyper is out. :(

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Multi-generational could just mean that the ride could be a new landmark attraction that will last for decades or something along those lines! It doesn’t necessarily rule out a thrill coaster!

Besides, I’d argue a thrill coaster might make sense given that 2023 will represent 7 years since Lightning Rod, although I think a family coaster would work too.

I’m personally hoping for a B&M hyper; Pete Owens is said to want one, and if “multi-generational” does mean “landmark/flagship that’s around for a long time” as I expect, then a hyper would certainly fit the bill!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It's a way to say "family coaster" without saying "family coaster". Building a non-thrill coaster without using a term many people associate with tameness.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I mean, if Firechaser would fall into the definition of "multigenerational", then I'm all for it.

Sure I'd like a hyper, but if they're not doing that I'm not completely gutted if they can pull off something of that standard.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Definitely reminds me of an Intamin family launch coaster. Honestly I think I would prefer it if it was semi indoor/outdoor, something similar to Movie Park Studios Tour that has just opened. That being said these are great rides anyway so I look forward to see it being built, that layout plan looks cool.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
So whatever it is that they're planning, it's been approved by the Pigeon Forge city planning commission. The acreage listed is 20 acres, but a very rough sketch of the Option B perimeter presented above on Google Earth only takes up roughly 6-7 acres, so they are presumably referring to the rest of the pre-cleared land and more.

JustLarry

Roller Poster
Ok hear me out!!! What if it's from RMC?
I know I know - Lighting Rod!
But, Herschend is rumored to be working with them right now on SDC Fire In The Hole Replacement. That is supposed to be a brand new RMC design of a powered FAMILY coaster.
There were rumors of Dollywood getting a new dark ride??
And the company does like to stay with the same manufacture for years.

Last edited:

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Ok hear me out!!! What if it's from RMC?
I know I know - Lighting Rod!
But, Herschend is rumored to be working with them right now on SDC Fire In The Hole Replacement. That is supposed to be a brand new RMC design of a powered FAMILY coaster.
There were rumors of Dollywood getting a new dark ride??
And the company does like to stay with the same manufacture for years.
With no ill will intended, not happening. This RMC powered coaster concept is allegedly going to be a lot like the existing system on Blazing Fury and Fire In The Hole. On second thought, it pretty much is, given that this is a direct replacement of Fire In The Hole. Screamscape piped in that Fire In The Hole isn’t as viable in the long term as Blazing Fury, which is not planned to be removed anytime soon. As a matter of fact, RMC was just doing track work on it this past offseason. I’m afraid that your theory simply doesn’t factor in here on the grounds that the current Blazing Fury isn’t being retired, although parks do like sticking with certain manufacturers, which would explain why SDC allegedly went to RMC to help figure out their Fire In The Hole dilemma.

From what is known, the current Option B plan shown so far has spelled out an outdoor family multi-launch with enough differences from Firechaser Express to justify its existence in the same park… Intamin motocoaster is getting thrown around. In any case, it looks like they want to work with a very specificity shaped plot of land and I can’t see this being an indoor coaster even if the Option B layout is not what I went with.

Last edited:

JustLarry

Roller Poster
none taken @
With no ill will intended, not happening. This RMC powered coaster concept is allegedly going to be a lot like the existing system on Blazing Fury and Fire In The Hole. On second thought, it pretty much is, given that this is a direct replacement of Fire In The Hole. Screamscape piped in that Fire In The Hole isn’t as viable in the long term as Blazing Fury, which is not planned to be removed anytime soon. As a matter of fact, RMC was just doing track work on it this past offseason. I’m afraid that your theory simply doesn’t factor in here on the grounds that the current Blazing Fury isn’t being retired, although parks do like sticking with certain manufacturers, which would explain why SDC allegedly went to RMC to help figure out their Fire In The Hole dilemma.

From what is known, the current Option B plan shown so far has spelled out an outdoor family multi-launch with enough differences from Firechaser Express to justify its existence in the same park… Intamin motocoaster is getting thrown around. In any case, it looks like they want to work with a very specificity shaped plot of land and I can’t see this being an indoor coaster even if the Option B layout is not what I went with.
none taken ! I was really just thinking out loud on this one! :)
But let me clarify my silly theory a little , I wasn't meaning replace Blazing Fury, I do mean as the new coaster for the Grove area (they have had some dark rides in their customer surveys about the future of that area). I do I clearly see what you mean that if the replacement ride at SDS is a replica ride system, they would not add it to a park that has that same system.
So I take it the above screen capped plans from @Eyebrows then are the proposed new coasters layout??