What's new

Dollywood | Firechaser Express | Gerstlauer Dual Launch

Re: Dollywood | "Firechaser Express" | Gerstlauer Dual Launc

I would have liked to see a turntable. Oh well. But long rides are Great! It makes me happy. And a Backwards
launch out of the station! How awesome is that!?

^ The station launch is forwards.

That was seriously 2,400 feet? Amazing!

Ethan said:
^ The station launch is forwards.
Sorry, did I say station? I meant what ever you call the building it goes into. The building? idk. But a backwards launch out of a station would be cool!

Youtube 'Superman Escape From Krypton', it'll blow ya mind ;)

owenrita121 said:
A really long coaster what's great to see, it also uses the terrain really well. The switch track looks a little quick for my liking but I'm sure they have a failsafe and it was just like that in the animation. Overall it looks like a fantastic family coaster, just what the park needed.

My guess is there will be a block brake right before the track switch into the station. The animation didn't show (or I didn't notice) where the other track switch was.

This animation has me freaking pumped for this ride. This will be a great first coaster for many future enthusiasts.

What a great family coaster!

coaster-map.png

Ethan said:
Youtube 'Superman Escape From Krypton', it'll blow ya mind ;)
well, I was refering to a complete circuit coaster, but at least its something!

The animation made it look like the same track switching system that is used on Expedition Everest.

Perhaps the way the animation chops and changes between offride and onride makes it appear longer than it is. I'm quite impressed with the way it interacts with the terrain but I get a strrong Th13teen vibe from it. A family coaster with a gimick that poodles around some trees. Ok, so it'll be better than Th13teen but I don't think it should be hyped like previous Dollywood coasters. It'll be good but it's not for thrill seekers like you and me.

That looks like a fantastic family coaster, love the length, the backwards section is really long!

It's like Powder Keg Jr.

I like it, but won't be making a special trip to TN for it.

So this is absolutely not what I was expecting.

To call this a family roller coaster is like calling Stonehenge a bunch of rocks. There is a lot to this ride, more-so than on your regular run of the mill family coaster.

Looks to have a cool use of terrain. Hopefully the ride experience works out.

I really do love the station. It's as if this fire engine sits in the building, waiting to be called out, and then returns from 'duty' from the same direction it left (but in reverse, just like an actual fire engine would...)

Nice touch.

I noticed that in that drawing there appears to be a turn inside the show building. I wonder how it's going to work to idle the train back around that turn before the launch. Maybe the train creeps out of the building while the firework's fuse burns and once you round the corner there's lights and most to make it look like it exploded in the other room and you launch backwards? Just a thought.

^ I believe that turn is actually transfer track for train storage.

Tire-launch makes so much sense, I don't even know why I was imagining LSMs.

doh!

Cute front train.

BZcsEunIcAAk46Y.jpg:large