What's new

Does Sitting At The Back Have More Airtime?

bmac

Giga Poster
That's the way I feel about riding i305, too. Most I laps I can get out of it before just getting sick of riding it is about 3-4 times, then it just becomes a physical strain due to just how much force there is.

and TrevorBondi i305 does not have ejector air, it has floater. Ejector is where your ass is completely out of the seat and the only thing holding you in is that bar on your thighs (usually constituted in forces above -1 Gs). No where on i305 in my experience have I had my thighs even touch the lap bar, even in the back. A great coaster that exemplifies the epitome of ejector air is Skyrush, and it even has existent air time in every seat on its first drop whereas i305 it's hit and miss in the back seat and almost nonexistant everywhere else.

drzkid64

Roller Poster
It depends. On B&M hypers the first drop is more intense in the back, you don't get nearly as much airtime throughout the ride as the front. But rides like El Toro and Skyrush are way more intense in the back.

bmac

Giga Poster
TrevorBondi305 said:
You guys must have had some bad rides. ejctor on first drop, front seat. END OF STORY

Yeah I guess I've had bad rides all seven times I've been to KD this year. From the way I see it i305 is getting to be just as overhyped as Millennium Force now...

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
All 17 of my rides back at the beginning of August offered essentially a light float in the second to last row (the best for first drop airtime) and my butt never even left the seat in the front row, the airtime on Rebel Yell was stronger. I found I305 severely overhyped and landed somewhere in my top 20. My definition of perfect floater drop is either Apollo or Griffon, both of which I rode the day after I305, they were both amazing and Apollo was way better than I305 will ever be (mostly because you could ride it all day and it would still be awesome.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Overhyped to the max, yes! I've never been so disappointed by a coaster, I really was 'intimidated' by i305 and after I'd been on it I couldn't believe how crap it was.

kimahri

CF Legend
nadroJ said:
I prefer I305 dismantled and lying in a slowly rusting heap, vile thing.

This, so much.

In my opinion, More air time in the back is purely based in the individual ride. Phoenix had more in the front, Skyrush and farenhighthatht made no difference, Bizarro was about the same but it was felt at different times. Nitro was more fun in the back and I305 can **** off.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Weight has no effect on the strength of airtime since all the "g's" on a coaster are simply accelerations (contrary to what most people think) and as such you could weigh 1 kilo or 200 kilos and it wouldn't make any difference, you experience the same acceleration and therfore the same sensation.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
nadroJ said:
Overhyped to the max, yes! I've never been so disappointed by a coaster, I really was 'intimidated' by i305 and after I'd been on it I couldn't believe how crap it was.

To be fair (slightly(still really over-hyped imo)) it was first thing in the morning. To me the drop was fine (but not ejector) but that trim on the airtime hill just killed it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

TrevorBondi305

Mega Poster
Also, when on the drop I don't mean full on thigh crushing ejector. I mean my thigh touched the bar slightly, somewhat of a mix of the two.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Trevor, we're not disputing the fact that you experienced airtime on i305. I myself felt some (not on the first drop but elsewhere on the ride). What we are saying is that the first drop, for us, was forceless and boring and then the extreme forces, greying out and then the trims absolutely kill it. I found it to be a disaster of a coaster, it had potential and some good bits but those were made moot by the intensely bad parts.

joe3579

Roller Poster
I found Maverick, Skyrush, Magnum XL 200, Millennium Force, Jack Rabbit, Phantom's revenge, Twister, Fahrenheit, Ravine Flyer II, Storm Runner, and a bunch of other rides are better in the back seat. The only coaster I can think of that I did not like best in the back was Phoenix. (Schmeck Seat.)

lazor22

Roller Poster
Wow, tough crowd. I305 is sick and it definitely gave me some good airtime on the first drop and hills, maybe not extreme ejector but nothing to complain about for sure (never rode the original, only trimmed and with the v2 hill).

As for on topic.. depends but I love front seat and anywhere in the back few cars. (most) Airtime is definitely more intense near the back but if the front's wait is not bad I'm not gonna skip the opportunity, the view makes up for it.

Nick P

Mega Poster
i305 had some nice floater on the drop and first airtime hill, but thats about it. Like nadroJ said before, the trims kill it. The only reason why it's in my top 10 is because of it intensity and long drop. I dig those things. I was just disappointed because of the lack of strong airtime. (I rode it first, in the back, then, second in the front. The back was better, but not by much.)