What's new

Does a Half-Ride Count?

Will you be running home and adding it to your CoasterCounter?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
You're on a coaster. You make it up the lift and around the first half of the ride. As you're on the MCBR, the train stops and you are evacuated. The ride is closed the rest of the day.

Do you count it as a credit?

What if you get stuck on the lift hill, or the brakes?

Where do you draw the line - When does it count/not count as a credit?

Ben

CF Legend
I wouldn't count it if it only made it to the lift hill, but, if it had reached the MCBR, and thus, usually, done a fair amount of coasting already, hell yeah.

The final brake run isn't even a question - yes!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
This goes down to a matter of personal opinion.

Personally, I wouldn't count it, after all, you've not done the whole coaster. So I would be evacuated and then try again when it re-opens.

nealbie

CF Legend
To go onto my coaster count a ROLLER COASTER must do the following:-

1. Do the park market it as (and/or recognise it as a roller coaster - powered or otherwise)?
2. Did I complete the full circuit (as intended)?*
3. Do I rate it 10/10?

If all three are adhered to, it counts. So to answer your question, that's a no. It would not count in my eyes.

*something like X:\\ No Way Out where you don't actual complete the full circuit due to two different stations for loading and unloading - but you are not intended to go all the way around due to the design.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Ben said:

That was put for someone that would say "Nope. It has go from station to station."

I think that is too far. I would count it if you're on the brakes, because you've finished the ride, but I'm still not sure about half way... Part of me would want to count it, but I'm not sure if it's really fair.

What if it's on a ride like Blue Fire, that still does quite a bit after its MCBR?

Still haven't really decided. :?

Error

Strata Poster
For me, 1 cycle 1 credit.

It's similar to watching a movie. You really can't say you've watched an entire movie until you've reached the end credits. You can't really say you've ridden a coaster until you've reached the end of the ride.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Final break run.

In my mind you have to complete the whole circuit to say you've ridden the coaster. Error's analogy with the movie was exactly right, although to watch to the end cedits is like getting to the brake run, whereas watching all the credits is like waiting until the station.

You can't say you've ridden the 'whole' coaster, and therefore claim the credit, until you actually have ridden the whole coaster.

Martyn B

CF Legend
If it stops on the final brake run, then you have completed the ride, so yeah, that definitely counts.

I dont know if I'd count it if it was half way though...

wabbit42

Mega Poster
Final brake run. Whenever I get to the final brakes I always say to my friends something like 'we've done it', or 'that was good', etc.... so final brakes are good for me.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I would count it if I made it to the final brake run unless it was a situation like getting evac'ed on HRRR's last MCBR, where you have like a half a second of coaster left.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
What about Möbius coasters? One actual continuous coaster track, but with 2 different rides, typically racing.

I'd count it as one coaster. I'd also count it as a complete coaster "credit" if I had done one side due to having a complete ride.

If you want to be technical then yes do both sides to count it....

jokerman

Giga Poster
What is it with all these "is it a credit" topics at the moment.

I would not count it as a credit unless the bi that I didn't make it round was just a small section leading back to the station, on which nothing actually happens.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ben said:
I wouldn't count it if it only made it to the lift hill, but, if it had reached the MCBR, and thus, usually, done a fair amount of coasting already, hell yeah.

Although in Norway, we all agreed to count the kiddie coaster that couldn't make it up the lift hill due to our fat arses and subsequent ride breakage.*

In my own count, the train must go round the circuit at least once.

There are so many variations with people's coaster count, but that's one rule I do stick to. There is no such thing as the Coaster Count Police (although I do expect one enthusiast group to start one soon and charge you for the privilege) so horses for courses is what I say! What what.

* Despite breaking the ride, the awesome engineers at Tusenfryd quickly fixed the coaster and we went on one adult at a time and got the cred.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Lift hill - 0 points
Final Brake Run - 1 point
MCBR - 2 points
"Valleying" - 3 points
Inversion - 4 points
Stuck on top of a hill (intamin rocket coasters) - 10 points

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Hell, I count just looking at the pictures of a coaster on RCDB a credit!!! ;)

A

Anonymous

I go on a ride for the ride experience so chances are if it broke the first time I went on it I'd be sure to go back another time when it's working.

That said, if that was the one and only chance I had to go on I'd count it but make it clear the ride broke down because lets be honest the thoughts you can plant in peoples minds of being stuck at the top of a lifthill or hurtling back to the station backwards after your intamin launched coaster doesn't make it to the top of the first hill *cough* Stealth all those experiences in my opinion are rides in their own :)

Definately Cred!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
dropthefloor93 said:
furie said:
Hell, I count just looking at the pictures of a coaster on RCDB a credit!!! ;)

RCDB's photos are hit an miss, but you gotta love it regardless.

I do have to be able to see the entire layout of the ride from the pictures before I take the count though ;)

Nic

Strata Poster
Ben said:
I wouldn't count it if it only made it to the lift hill
Says one of the guys that was seriously considering counting Teeny-Weeny when we hadn't even made it to the top of the lift hill!!!!