What's new

Do you think RCT world will flop or succeed?

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
RCT World has recently been in beta on Steam so people who've pre ordered can test it out. The reception has been mixed to negative so far with players reporting that it feels more like an alpha than a beta thus leading many people to think the game will fail like Theme Park Studio did. I agreed with them until now and here's why:

+ No microtransactions which these days, is an achievement. If they held back some coaster types to sell them back at £3.99 or whatever the game would be ****.

+ Graphics and lighting are on the whole, pretty good. I hear it has memory leak problems but hopefully the delay will fix this and make it as optimized as possible for good frame rates. Optimization is incredibly important for this game in particular because no one will be happy if only TotalBiscuit's rig can handle a big park at playable framerates.

+ The track creator shows potential. During that PAX demo the coasters built were horribly unrealistic but check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74-FxXgqix4 a decent remake of Flug, far beyond the limitations of RCT3's coaster creator. The grid system in that has simplicity and ease of use but most people who play RCTW will be teens and adults so I think they can take their time and use their brains a bit!

+ Modders can fix many issues and add so much content. I'm sure the game will get plenty of mod support like rct3 and this will allow many problems to be fixed e.g. that stupid ass idea to make coasters derail plus I can't wait to see what they do when it comes to custom scenery.

What do you guys think? Will it flop or fly?

if you're a mod and reading this plz don't move this to coaster games m80 because that bit is disorganised and pretty dead plus this is anything goes

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
It will flop and flop hard.

It was a huge failure with the beta, and expected to fix everything in less than 2 months. If they wanted to even come close to what RCT3 was, or what Planet Coaster is, they need to completely redo everything.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Yeah you make good points, I'm pretty confident that Planet Coaster will be amazing so RCTW devs will really need to get their asses in gear and put in a lot of effort to compete. It has potential but they can't let modders do all the work and fix all its problems.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
To me RCTW looks more like a pathetic attempt of Atari to make money with that license. I feel like RCTW has no chance against PC, since Frontier has more experience and more motivation to make a good game. When watching the streams of Frontier I feel like the people there are hyped for the game, too :D