Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Used to.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rush

Giga Poster
So do you play a musical instrument or have so in the past? Have you taken lessons or exams (grades)? Or have you never touched one and have no idea what I'm on about?

I play piano and guitar at the moment. I'm at Grade 5 piano but I've quit the exams now, I'd much rather play soundtracks from films (got Pirates music today, really fun to play.) Although I have a tendancy to slip-up if I know a song to well which is really annoying.

I've been playing guitar for only a year and like piano am not interested in Grades. I'm still a beginner on it really and always mess up my chords. I don't really practise it enough like I used to.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I've been playing the trumpet since I was 8, and when I was 14, I passed my Grade 7. I've also passed Grade 5 in Music theory.

I don't play anything else.

David

Mega Poster
I've been playing bass for almost two years now and guitar for one.

I'm more interested in the bass and do gigs every now and then. I have three or four gigs coming up soon so that's pretty awesome.

Ollie

CF Legend
I used to play the Trumpet from used 5 to year 8. I managed to get to grade 5. :D
I wan't to start the electric Guitar soon though. :D

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
No. I enjoy music, but don't really have any musical ability.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I play the cornet at grade 7/8 standard and the piano at about grade 4 standard.

I don't actually have lessons for piano, but since my mum was a piano teacher, she sometimes helps me.

Hell. No.

I use to play the saxophone in like, grade six and seven, but I couldn't make a decent sound out of that thing. The one time I summoned the strength to carry that bad boy home, the neighbours complained.

So nope I don't play an instrument, but sometimes I'll just fool around on the keyboard if I'm at my grandparent's house.

Ollie

CF Legend
I can play those wooden clam things that you click together. (have absolutely no idea what they're called). :D

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Coaster Ollie said:
I can play those wooden clam things that you click together. (have absolutely no idea what they're called). :D

Castanets! I wonder why we're on opposite ends of the CF-Quiz Ollie? :lol:

Oh, and we had this not so long ago. I can play trumpet (badly), but used to be good.

I also played bass for a while (badly).

I understand music, and can knock out a poor tune on pretty much anything, but my skill never goes above the level of 'dross'.

Actually, I was a fantastic bugler, and played lead in a marching band for about 5 years, but it only has 5 notes (real notes, not the ones I made up), so it's not too difficult.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Nah, I have no musical ablity what so ever!

Actually I tell I lie. I used to be able to play "three blind mice" on the recorder! =]

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
I have been playing guitar since I was 7 and love it. Play every day much to the annoyance of my parents. Oh how they shall complain when I bring home a 100watt marshal stack this summer.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I think it does. At Music GCSE you have to nominated an instrument. Apparently your voice is an instument, so you can use that.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
^Yep, that's right. For AQA Music at least.

Everyone in my class played an instrument performance, but one girl sang a Japanese song!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I would like to add that I don't do GSCE Music. It's the most mind-rottingly boring subject. That's probably because I'm crap at it though...