What's new

Do you count kiddie coasters in your coaster count?

Darren B

Giga Poster
We tend to go by what RCDB classes as a coaster. Poseidon is a coaster as it actually has a large amount of coaster track, and is also titled as a 'water coaster', same goes for Divertical, same ride, different manufacturer.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Most people tend to count rides where it's very clearly "a coaster" in some respect.

Poseidon and the Mack Supersplash rides tend to be counted as they not only have a definite coaster track, but it also dips and rises like a coaster and generally "remains tracked" through the ride.

The Intamin chutes like Hydro at Oakwood and the one taken from Knotts (Perilous Plunge was it?) are contentious. They're as thrilling as a coaster and have a "coaster track drop", but don't otherwise really behave like a coaster and are sold as a water chute ride. They also float all the way back.

Generally (not absolutely) if it has a dip down and up under gravity and against gravity on a track with wheels, it's probably counted.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Yes. They all count.

I've borrowed kids from other people to ride kiddie coasters where necessary. I've driven hours with music on full blast for a single Big Apple, and it's all been great fun.

Darren B

Giga Poster
^I can't agree more.

I was never bothered about my coaster count until I started going on CF lives, that's when I realised that most CFers don't actually whore kiddie creds for stature, they do it for the fun of it. As an enthusiast I now love travelling ridiculous amounts of miles for a +1 Regarless of what it is, the smaller the better IMO.

In the past 60 days I've been to 5 different countries, driven a 380 mile round trip in one day for Fantasy Island, 400 miles in a day for 8 kiddie creds and I've managed to add 80 coasters to my count in those 60 days.

All the time I've thoroughly enjoyed myself, And had fab company along the way!

Nic

Strata Poster
rollermonkey said:
Yet you count 657 coasters?

How many of those are under 20 feet tall?
ECG said:
^^Yeah, Jake. I thought and Ben would even go on kiddie cred runs. :?

Good to see sarcasm is alive and well and living in Ame..... oh, wait!

lol

Of course I count kiddie creds. They're fab. Kiddie creds for milestones is a must.