What's new

DLP Christmas 2016

peep

CF Legend
Not an in depth report from me this time but I thought I'd sum up some of the highlights of a weekend I had at DLP with Nic last week.

Tree is big...

Main Street looks great...

Some winter theming over on Central Plaza...

Alice maze had been spruced up, it was bright.

The Christmas parade was fun (the lady trying to barge past us to get to the front seconds beforehand, however, was not.)

The tree lighting ceremony was nice...

It snowed once the tree was lit. Magical!

We found a colouring book that clearly had some design issues...

We met MOANA!!!

She was fab. Unfortunately we couldn't talk about the film because Nic still hadn't seen the film.

Mickey and Magician was still crazy popular with most performances at full capacity (that's around 1,100 peeps per show!)

We did manage to catch it twice and it's still one of the best shows in a Disney theme park. The production quality is insane, the cast are superb and the magic tricks are well staged.

Mickey and Minnie had a great meet and greet location set up in the Studios...

Disney Dreams of Christmas is a bit lame but this Elsa doll sums it up well enough...

The Royal Christmas wishes show on the castle stage was nice enough, if a bit short.

This year there was also a swing band show headed up by Goofy, it was pretty good.

It was crazy busy so we didn't ride much over the two days. Most of the main rides had really long exit rider queues which was a bit crazy. The atmosphere at Christmas is just fantastic though and glad we went. Only two months till we're back for some Star Wars magic!

Ben

CF Legend
6a00d8341bf67c53ef0120a6518788970b.jpg

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Literally no idea what all the beige means.

Not the biggest Disney fan as you know but it looks like you guys had fun. Feeling rather Christmasy after looking at all your photos of decorations, so thanks Peep :)