What's new

Dive In! No Limits 2 Results!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Time to vote on which one is the best! First a breakdown of how the voting process will work.

Myself and two other judges (dapalm and Jer have thankfully accepted to vote) and the three of us will rate out of a total of 20.
4 topics, worth 5 points each: Realism, Creativity, Smoothness, and Overall.

We will then average out the numbers between the three of us. From there, everyone who wants to vote will rank on a scale of 1-5, 5 being the best. Those who participated will have their vote on their coaster nullified, and we will average the numbers out and this will not be rounded out, to avoid any potential ties.

The winner will be announced Friday evening, so please submit all votes to me either by PM or email bigt12788(at)yahoo.com and I will get them up Friday.

We have two more contests in the pipeline at least, with the next one set to begin this weekend, and run until the end of the month. As an added bonus, we will be keeping tabs on where you rank and have an overall leaderboard with contests lasting the year, with the winner getting some sort of prize. (Each contest may have a small prize, we are still trying to figure out all the details). This topic will remain open for any questions, but please don't post your rankings in here.

So begin thinking big for the next contest. There will be less limits but the ones it will have will be interesting.

The download may be nice to have: http://www.mediafire.com/download/h5aj7 ... ntries.zip

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Dive In! No Limits 2 Voting topic!

FYI, I've locked the old topic (left it stickied for now) and stickied this one.

I'll get my rankings in soon.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Sorry Tom, can you clarify what we're supposed to submit, this sentence doesn't make any sense to me.
From there, everyone who wants to vote will rank on a scale of 1-5, 5 being the best. Those who participated will have their vote on their coaster nullified, and we will average the numbers out and this will not be rounded out, to avoid any potential ties.
What am I sending you? A score out of 20 (5 for each of realism, creativity, smoothness, overall) for each coaster? Or a single score out of 5 for each coaster?

I think I understand the rest, but I'd hardly say it was clear.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

5 for each coaster. The other part is explaining how the judges will rank, which is myself, Jer, and Dapalm.

TPV

Roller Poster

If no one votes does it go to the judges?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

If you submitted a coaster, you should vote. Simple as.

In my opinion there should be a penalty for not doing so.

How many have you had back now Tom?

Colossus

Giga Poster

Hixee said:
If you submitted a coaster, you should vote. Simple as.

In my opinion there should be a penalty for not doing so.

I agree, as there could be unfair advantage, say if I do a really good ride, then don't rate anybody else's whilst they vote mine, I can get an unfair advantage.

Mine are now in by the way :)

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Since there was no rule in place at beginning of the comp, I could see some call it unfair if I deducted for not voting, but then again, the one's who didn't meet the minimum length were deducted a point in the judging. I will be providing a screenshot of the score sheet to prove how the voting was done. Going to be very transparent.

This is my first time running a comp so feedback is always encouraged. If you have ideas of how to bring more people to the contest, please let me know. Or ideas for a contest.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

I personally have every intention of voting, just haven't yet since school's been so busy. I probably will tonight or early tomorrow.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

2012Jarrett said:
I personally have every intention of voting, just haven't yet since school's been so busy. I probably will tonight or early tomorrow.
Yeah that wasn't meant as a dig at anyone, I was just raising is generally. You've still got 24 hours or so, so no rush.

I think it might be worth considering that being a rule in future competitions. It'd be great to have a big pool of people both submitting tracks and voting. There was a great number of tracks this time (I was honestly expecting about half the number we ended up with), so keep up the good work! These things only work if we all contribute.

TPV

Roller Poster

I'm not voting because I don't understand yow we do it? you should just make a survey with a drop down menu. Put all the rides a an option and thats how we vote?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I did think it was a little confusing at first, but I've done a few competitions here so I know the drill.

1) Download all the coasters (tomahawk has a link in his first post in this topic)
2) Ride each one and assign it a ranking from 0-5 (0 = utter garbage, 5 = amazing)
3) Either send tomahawk a private message (the little "PM" button underneath his posts), or send him an email (to the email address he posted in the first post), with your scores.

From experience, this is the most straightforward for all parties and means Tom can publish all the results for transparency.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

You don't HAVE to. :p

You'll probably be penalised in later rounds for not though.

TPV

Roller Poster

they should use a online voting service? would b easier... you vote for your favorite?

Colossus

Giga Poster

^ Not necessarily, whilst that may be good for picking a winner, if 7from 10 all vote for one 1 it will be impossible to give a full positional ranking of 1 to 10 as you would have 7 or 8 rides with tied with 0 votes