What's new

Disneyland Paris Updates

peep

CF Legend
This new show is on from Feb till May in the Chaparral theatre. It's a unique show for Paris and will have a brand new show. Very excited to see it.

Animagique will be replaced later in the year, so a slight delay. Sounds like it'll be something similar but will be modern.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Martyn B

CF Legend
Animagique's replacement has been confirmed, "Micky and the Magician" will open on 2nd July.

From INSIDEDLP Facebook.

peep

CF Legend
Quite excited for this new show. Nice to see its a new unique show and not just a copy and paste from one of the other parks.

peep

CF Legend
30th of this month I believe. Defo this month as I miss out on it when I visit in Feb.

AJ

Giga Poster
Animagique has its last performance on 31st Jan.

There will also be a new puppet show opening in Lucky Nugget soon, with dates to be confirmed.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I think they're starting to take the piss with these ride closures. As it stands, for this week, the only coaster operating in the Disney land Parc is Indian Jones (assuming Storybook land is closed as it always is for winter).

AJ

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
I think they're starting to take the piss with these ride closures. As it stands, for this week, the only coaster operating in the Disney land Parc is Indian Jones (assuming Storybook land is closed as it always is for winter).

Yeah, it's sucky. But realistically, to get everything ready in time for the 25th, it's the only option (I'm not trying to justify the fact they've dug themselves a disgusting hole and are paying the price now).

As of Today all of these attractions are closed:
Disneyland Railroad (including all stations)
All month
Big Thunder Mountain
All month
Pocahontas Indian Village
All month
Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing
All month
Adventure Isle
All month
La Cabane des Robinson
All month
Chapparal Theatre
Peter Pan’s Flight
All month
Studio Tram Tour

However, as a sort of 'Compromise', I guess, we have the biggest selection of Character meet and greet locations that we've had in a LONG time.
Character Meet & Greets:
Goofy or friends
Minnie or friends
Donald or friends
Chip & Dale or friends
Peter Pan or friends
Princess Tiana & Naveen
Aladdin or friends
Alice or friends
Winnie the Pooh or friends
Meet Mickey Mouse
Princess Pavillion
(Characters have also now returned to ALL Disney Hotels for morning meet and greets after a year of absence, alongside the characters In Park 2 for Early Magic Hours)

Shows:
Jedi Training Academy
Disney Magic on Parade
Disney Dreams

The shows list will be updated with The Enchanted Forest from early next month.

No, Characters aren't for ALL guests. However, it's one of the other main reasons families choose to come to Disneyland over other theme parks.

Martyn B

CF Legend
If I'm honest, I just think having Big Thunder and Space Mountain closed at the same time is just unacceptable (especially considering they're not offering discounted entry). I'd imagine there's a loft of unhappy guests grumbling their way around the park.

Ben

CF Legend
I thought Space Mountain was open again - I saw on Twitter something about it and it's not in their current schedule to be shut?

But the actual attraction page says its shut.

I agree - both Mountains shut at once is unacceptable.

AJ

Giga Poster
It did re-open but its annual maintenance (Or so i assume that's what it is, could be something else) Is currently taking place and scheduled to re-open around the 22nd Jan.

peep

CF Legend
Yeah this is a small one, apparently to replace the launch cable? (that's according to one of the twitter accounts). It should be open for the rest of the year.
Big Thunder Mountain reopens in a years time which is when Space Mountain goes down for a second 6 month refurb.

It's going to be an interesting year with so much changing around the park and the crazy investment in characters and shows.

Lofty

CF Legend
I hope Space Mountain is open in April - majorly need the cred

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Martyn B

CF Legend
It should b, check the calender on the website.

Bloody Crush closes on Monday as well, but I don't know how long for though. AND then Rock 'n' Rollercoaster closes in Feb for a "lengthy refurb".

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Yeah, the best time to go this year (according the the website) seems to be after September/whenever Adventure Isle opens. The only rides you'll end up missing is BTM (which is unavoidable), Star Tours and Studio Tram Tour (which no one cares about). I told my parents I wanted go before I go back to uni in autumn and they just laughed at me </3

Martyn B

CF Legend
I had a few days at DLP last week. I won't do a trip report, I'll stick a few points in here:

- Unfortunately the Ratatouille dark ride disappointed. I was only able to get it on it once which was annoying, as I felt a second ride would have given me a better opinion on the ride. I was expecting it to be really, really good. And it just wasn't, so a second ride would have meant me riding with a lower expectation. But jeez is this thing popular or what? Considering everything in the main park was under half hour, this thing was at an average of 100 mins (mid week in Jan!), it peaked at 200 mins one day. Even Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Rollercoaster were hitting the 60 minute mark at times. This is just unheard of in January. It shows the (random) progress that the Studios is making.

Oh, one more thing with Rat, damn it has reliability issues.

- The Disneyland Parc really does blow the Magic Kingdom out of the water. In an ideal world, they need Splash Mountain in Frontier Land, and Story Book Land could do with being redeveloped with some new stuff (aka New fantasyland), but other than that, it's just so much nicer in almost every way.

- I just pray that the rumours of Space Mountain being reverted back to it's original form are true. I still love it as it is, but it just feels like a generic space coaster with it's current theme. The interior just doesn't suit the exterior/Discovery land in general.

- Indiana Jones recently had lots of trackwork replaced, and theming replenished... it didn't look, or ride any different....

peep

CF Legend
So I think it's worth pointing out that Sunday was the last performance of Animagique in the Studios park. They allowed the fans to set up video recording, they made a special video looking back on the history of the show and apparently even had some of the puppets make an appearance at the end that were thrown into storage when they changed a few scenes. Looks like it had a nice send off for, imo, a classic show. However I'm really excited about the replacement that opens in the Summer.

Some promo images and a new logo have been released for the new temporary show going into the Frontierland theatre. There's previews this weekend before fully starting next week (Thursday?). I've managed to get myself a ticket for the previews so I'll be throwing my opinions into a report at some point.

Big Thunder Mountain, Skull Rock and the tree house are all currently being covered up with intense scaffolding. The park is going to be looking rather different over the course of the year.

I've not looked into the details yet but transportation links are going to be improved over the next few years. I know trains are involved, not sure if they're just increasing the frequency of their services or if a new line is being built but any increase in public transportation is a good thing.

Oh and I doubt anyone cares but the princess pavillion is going through a long test phase over the next month or so. You know have to pick up a pass from a kiosk over by the windmill and the only princess you'll be able to meet is Aurora (Sleeping Beauty). Sounds like during these testing stages they'll play around with the format, see if having just a single princess works with guests etc. It should be noted that general character meet and greets around the resort (including the hotels in the morning) has been heavily increased.

^Shame to hear about your experience with Ratatouille. I really enjoy it, it's just fun, but I can also see how it could be over-hyped to the point of disappointment. And yeah, it is super popular. When you factor in it's huge capacity too, it shows that pretty much everyone is just flocking to it - and consistently. Glad to see such a massive investment paying off for the resort.